ejector collar

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Clarkie46

ejector collar

Post by Clarkie46 »

Anyone know if the ejector collar is the same size for both the .44 and .357 calibers of the 92? I have the .357 caliber of the 92 and lost the ejector collar in the process of cleaning and reassembly. Looked everywhere. I'll skip that part of the story. Called CS and they sent a new collar, but the packing slip shows the part number (same as mine) but with .44 caliber designation. It looks the same to me (but I don't have the original so I'm going by memory!). Anyone know if it's the same? It fits on the ejector but I'm finding it a "challenge" to get the lever and ejector to fit together properly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ejector collar

Post by Ranch Dog »

My thought would be that they are the same.
Michael
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Did you asseble the ejector, spring, collar, and lever OUTSIDE of the action first? Do that and then put a dummy cartridge in to hold the ejector and spring in place. Then unpin the lever and get it out of there without the ejector blowing itself apart. If that happens, start over. You will then have to hold pressure on the dummy cartridge against the ejector to keep it from flying apart again. Install the bolt, dummy cartridge together into the action.

Then when you have the bolt halfway in the gun with the dummy cartridge in the chamber and holding the ejector assemble in place, about nine times out of ten the lever will FALL in along with the locking lugs. No need for separate operations there.

Hope this helped.

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks Art, I had meant to get back to this topic as I had read it on my phone and a detailed reply is difficult. I will make a note to measure the collars on my 92s over the next few weeks to see if they are one in the same so that the topic has an absolute answer concerning them.
Michael