.45 Colt dies for Rossi?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
RevJim

.45 Colt dies for Rossi?

Post by RevJim »

I use a set of Lee carbide dies for the .45 colt. I got them when I loaded for several Rugers (old and new vaqueros) a Freedom Arms 97 and a Marlin CB. I also use the FCD that comes in the set, both it and the resizing die have that carbide ring, which was fine for the guns mentioned. I read where the chamber on the Rossi is more "tapered" and a steel Resizing die makes more accurate loads or does it just make the brass last longer? Do I need the tapered resizer instead of my "one size fits all carbide die? I got great accuracy in that Marlin (1.5" with a peep at 100) using the Lee dies.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .45 Colt dies for Rossi?

Post by Ranch Dog »

I use the Lee dies set but do not use the Carbide FCD. Instead, I use a die that I was able to convinence Lee to build. It is a Collet style FCD just like that use with any of the rifle cartridges. Lee has special runs of them, try this source as they appear to be in stock.

Sage Outdoors - 45 Colt Lee Collet FCD Die

As a note, I offered them through my business for the 357 Mag, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt and Lee seems to continue offer them but through special runs only. I have never seen them offer the 41 Mag since I stopped ordering them as it is very low volume. I checked their web site and they have the 357 Mag Collet FCDs in stock.
Michael
RevJim

Post by RevJim »

Thanks there RD! I went right on over there and ordered one! I appreciate the info. I noticed that the Bull shop guy moved to AK, I may have to call him up soon, as I don't cast. yep, I still have your brand new mold for the .32 special, never used it, ha. Rev Jim Knight
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

RevJim wrote:Thanks there RD! I went right on over there and ordered one! I appreciate the info. I noticed that the Bull shop guy moved to AK, I may have to call him up soon, as I don't cast. yep, I still have your brand new mold for the .32 special, never used it, ha. Rev Jim Knight
I got one from Ranch Dog some time ago and instead of buying the FCD. Really very happy with it too and worth getting. These collet type dies come with the rifle dies also.
Joe
RevJim

Post by RevJim »

Got my FCD last Thursday, very quick service from Sage!! Yep, I like and use this collet style of FCD on all my rifles. I much prefer this style over the one that came in the dies set. Thanks again RD!