An extra parts list for the M92s

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

An extra parts list for the M92s

Post by Arktikos »

Just did my first teardown of my M92 and thankfully got it back together with the help of Steve Gunz video. I nearly didn't as one of the little springs I think it was for a guide rail? Anyway it shot across the small room and disappeared for the next few hours until I finally found it hanging out with new pals in a bucket of nails... :mrgreen: Anyway it got me thinking about all those parts inside my 92 and then about all the uncertainty in the world and how being prepared for anything is important (one big reason for owning guns in the first place). Living where I do makes being a bit more prepared a good idea as well. So I was wanting to see about a list of extra parts for the 92 that could need replacing sooner or later to have on hand. Parts that must come from Rossi as well as generic stuff from Brownells or the like. Any recommendations?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: An extra parts list for the M92s

Post by Ranch Dog »

Arktikos wrote:Living where I do makes being a bit more prepared a good idea as well. So I was wanting to see about a list of extra parts for the 92 that could need replacing sooner or later to have on hand. Parts that must come from Rossi as well as generic stuff from Brownells or the like. Any recommendations?
Everything I have bought as spares has come through Rossi and you might as well get everything at once as it is a flat $8 shipping charge. Back order anything that is not in inventory at the same time and the single shipping charge will cover it.

With six 92s, I figured I really don't need any spares as I can rob from another to keep a particular gun going but I like having stuff on hand. For starters, I ordered every part that includes the word "screw". I think the next time I talk to them I will order all the small parts associated with the bolt, particularly the Ejector Collar (34) as it seems to like to roll around the bench.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Rossi Back Order policy is good to know. Have bought parts from certain antique part maker / suppliers that have the bad habit of sending out parts "as they get them" one at a time and charging near $10 for shipping an envelope that cost $3.44 at the postal place. Sure agitating when a $5 frizzen screw appears for $15 on the Visa statement.
Many lever flippers do not think much of the Rossi Brand but here is another plus for Rossi as far as I am concerned.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I personally have nothing but good to say about Braztech based on my contacts and issues with the wide range of firearms of their manufacture that I own. I personally would not send them a levergun to work on, not yet, as I think they do not have the experience to deal with the issues associated with them, especially the R92. That experience will come and come quickly though as I'm seeing less bad work reported on the various forums that represent these rifles and their users.

The work I have seen on my Taurus handguns has been very professional. If they can't do something, they have always been very up front about it and have told me sold.
Michael