92 Action Job

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

92 Action Job

Post by ironhead7544 »

Finally got around to smoothing the action as shown in the stevesgunz video. Action now very smooth, hardly the same gun.

Added the metal mag follower and ejector spring from steves also. Had a bit of a time getting the ejector spring in. Noticed other people had the same problem. Fussed with it for a while until I found out how to do it. The stock spring is shorter and it pops together easily. The steves one is longer and wont allow the lever to push the spring and bushing forward. So, you put the spring up against the bottom projection on the bolt with the bushing sitting on top of the projection. This has to be done with a dummy round in place. Holding the dummy in place against the ejector spring, put the bolt in the receiver. With the dummy partly in the chamber you can see the slot that the lever needs to be in. Put the lever in place and work it around with the bolt until you can put the bolt pin in place.

Very pleased with the video and it is well worth the price.

I guess I got lucky with my 44 Mag short rifle. No real dirt in the action. No crud in the mag tube. Barrel was very clean. Feeds everything I have tried. Havent really targeted it yet but shot a couple of 1 inch groups at 50 with factory 240 gr WW JSP ammo. It does shoot about 8 inches high at 50 yards. Only real problem is the wood. Fitted OK but is dull. Can see some grain so might come out with a nice stain. That is next.

Many thanks to Ranch Dog and everyone here for the good info.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 Action Job

Post by joec »

Yes that Steve Gunz DVD is worth the price of the kit. I by the way used Brownells Gunslinger springs instead of the video method. Mine now drops the spent cases at my feet and not 10' behind and to the right.
Joe