Rossi 92 ? Stainless Steel

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Dr Barrie

Rossi 92 ? Stainless Steel

Post by Dr Barrie »

Being reasonably new to Rifles l am asking some advice from members.
I have seen a Stainless Steel barrelled model and was told that it was a model 92 in 410 calibre.
The asking price was in the region of $500 and l was wondering if this is a fair price for this model.
Are there any 'faults' that l should look out for ?
Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks

B.Penhaligan (Dr)
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi 92 ? Stainless Steel

Post by Model 52 »

Some folks have had issues with nickel plated hammers peeling on the otherwise stainless steel Rossi, but otherwise, it's like any other Rossi - inspect carefully before you buy.

Price is about right. Rossi carbines tend to Go for anywhere from $450-$550 depending on location, dealer mark up, etc.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

It was probably a Rio Grande not a 92. The 92 action is too short for 410 shotshell ammo. I have no idea what the Rio Grandes go for.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

44-40 Willy wrote:It was probably a Rio Grande not a 92. The 92 action is too short for 410 shotshell ammo. I have no idea what the Rio Grandes go for.

Rossi does indeed make a Rio Grande rifle in 410 gauge shotgun.
$500 is reasonable.
I know nothing about the 410 model personally & don't know anyone who owns such a lever shot gun so I don't have the basis in fact to form an opinion.
I do however own a Rossi Rio Grande in 30-30 Winchester caliber and it cleaned-up to be one of the slickest and most accurate rifles I own.
My rifle was dirty and had a couple of troublesome internal rough spots (burrs) when I first bought it that I dealt with within 4 hours of opening the box.
The Rio Grande action is based on (copied from) the Marlin 336 platform & as such is basically solid and very easy to work on (take apart & put back together).
MANTRA: If you're going to buy one thoroughly inspect and test it before finalizing the transaction &/or buy from a dealer that will accept defective gun returns for full refund or replacement.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA