Help! Receiver mounting a Burris Fastfire to a 92

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Lostcoast

Re: Help! Receiver mounting a Burris Fastfire to a 92

Post by Lostcoast »

Just like eudyta63 says. With both eyes open and the sight farther away I have much greater peripheral vision around the area of the target.
rockat

Post by rockat »

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. My rifle should be here this week. Not sure when the Fastfire will turn up though. I'll have a play around with it then and see what I like best.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The only major detractor of the Burris Fastfire is the price.....$250....wow! :shock:
I didn't pay that much for my first Rossi 92.
Was thinking about buying one but quite frankly balked at the price.
For that price you might as well buy a scout scope.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
rockat

Post by rockat »

If I had to pay the Australian price for it ($450) I wouldn't have bought it either. Fortunately I found a US website that would ship it here for like $300 with the Win 94 mount and a picatinny mount. The stainless 92 .44 mag is about $900 here, so it's all relative. The importers here love to screw us. So I screw them by buying from the US direct when it's worth it. I still support my local shop, but even the owner there said he buys online when he can because the importers screw him as well.

PS. AU$1 = US$1.02 at the moment