Brass ejection

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Brass ejection

Post by 44-40 Willy »

My one complaint on my 1892 is that when ejecting the empty brass, it sends it into low earth orbit. As a reloader, I want to save every piece of brass I can. My 357 Marlin sends them a few feet away and my 44-40 Marlin lays them out at my feet. Any way to get a Rossi 92 to loose the booster rockets?
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Brass ejection

Post by akuser47 »

Order steve's dvd kit with a mag tube follower and ejector spring, and it will get you fixed up with these parts and the action job on it. Mine drop at my feet now before I couldn't find them they went so far.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:Order steve's dvd kit with a mag tube follower and ejector spring, and it will get you fixed up with these parts and the action job on it. Mine drop at my feet now before I couldn't find them they went so far.
I agree with akuser47 as I have done just that and it either lands at my feet or on the brim of my hat with my 45 Colt 92.
Joe
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

greetings
The brim of the hat sure beats down the neck collar.
Mike in ILL.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Missionary wrote:greetings
The brim of the hat sure beats down the neck collar.
Mike in ILL.
Yes and no need to pick it up either. :mrgreen: Actually my avatar is me shooting mine at a CAS event (NCOWS) and 5 of the 10 rounds where on the brim of my hat with only 5 to pick up.t
Joe
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

that is good I like that never thought of catcheing with my hat lol :lol:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

akuser47 wrote:that is good I like that never thought of catcheing with my hat lol :lol:
It doesn't work well with a baseball style hat but great with for the 1800's though. :mrgreen:
Joe
3030man

Post by 3030man »

A couple of years ago I bought a 16 inch 92 in 357. Right after picking it up, and one trip to my club range, I took it to an old friend who's been a gunsmith, from all appearances since the days of Oliver Winchester. Crusty, opinionated, and very skillful with everything he touches. He had my new 92 for a couple of weeks, and when I picked it up I was quite pleased with how slick he had made my new little truck gun. "Oh, by the way", he commented. "I had this thing down to the range to test it out, and the action works good with everything I put through it. I did get sick of chasing your brass all over hell though, so I took the liberty of fixing it so it would drop them out like an old Winchester". A few months later, I bought the Nate Kiowa Jones DVD--something well worth having. It turns out that my guy did pretty much everything Steve does on his DVD--including dealing with the ejected brass-into-space problem. Neither Nate Kiowa Jones nor my gunsmith buddy have ever met--but it appears that both use identical approaches to slicking up the innards of a 92. You're right, 44-40 Willy--that brass really does fly around when you lever it out of a stock Rossi 92.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

One thing about being a good shot is that my first empty brass is usually still in the gun when the animal hits the ground. :lol:
My 92s aren't that bad as regards chucking brass into orbit.
My guns have been around since the old Amadeo days in the 80s & have put on a few years and cycled a few brass.
I was a "Rossi Rifleman" long before it became a fad & the only forums back when I bought my first Rossis had rows of seats, wooden roofs & hosted baseball & hockey games.
Some of the snotty Marlin & Winchester owners at the range would turn up their noses at my "cheap" guns until the first targets were scored & then they'd clam up.........I had real good eyes & rock steady nerves back then.
Like their aging owner the ejector springs on my Amadeo Rossi M92s probably have lost a fair bit of their resilience. +guns
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA