Waiting for an M92

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Clarkie46

Waiting for an M92

Post by Clarkie46 »

New to the Forum and new to guns. Bought my first gun, a .357 Magnum revolver last month and have enjoyed learning to use it. I guess I've caught the bug because I keep looking at other guns and I'm interested in the Rossi M92 .357 so I can use the same ammo I have for my revolver. And, to be honest, there's something nostalgic about the lever gun for me. I think it's from watching cowboy movies as a kid. I'm on a waiting list for an M92 in stainless with a 16" barrel.

I'm a retired teacher from western Oregon and have begun taking longer trips in a Class C RV. We enjoy stopping in somewhat remote areas for the scenery and the joy of hiking. But as I've been hiking in some of those places I've thought to myself, "What would I do if I met a big cat out here?" I don't think a walking stick would be much of a defense, and I shudder at the thought of being cat food. And so... I'm a new gun owner.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Waiting for an M92

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum Clarkie46, especially glad to see a fellow that is new to firearm ownership! Your logic is quite sound in owning both a "short" and "long" arm capable of shooting the same cartridge, many do it.

We are a relatively new forum and there hasn't been a lot of participation on the Rossi revolver side so your posts and shooting experience would be a great addition. What model of Rossi revolver did you purchase?

In the past year, the forum has collected a very good amount of material concerning the R92. Please take the time to become familiar with the Braztech Rossi 92 pre-purchase inspection checklist and do not hesitate to learn the mechanics of the rifle first hand.
Michael
Clarkie46

Post by Clarkie46 »

Thanks for the welcome, Michael.
Actually, my revolver is a Taurus Tracker 627. I was on the Taurus users Forum looking at the Rossi rifle sub-forum when I saw your post with a link to the chart on this Forum showing the results of a particular sight accessory. Thanks for providing this service!
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

Welcome to the group! I've been shooting guns of one sort or another for around 50 years but still feel very much a novice in many ways. There is always something to learn and there are many on this forum that has forgotten more than I will know and the best part is they share their knowledge freely. Enjoy the learning experience, it is a very fun sport, hobby, and or way of life!

Sent from some beach on Kauai HI
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

It is a hobby that is very addictive. welcome to the board.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!