Found an M92 today!

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Clarkie46

Found an M92 today!

Post by Clarkie46 »

I had decided a few days ago I wanted to purchase an M92, and my first preference was the 16" barrel in stainless. But nobody local had one, and when I checked online every place I checked said "out of stock". So I put my name on a watch list and hoped I'd be around when an email came telling me they were now in stock.

But today I stopped in our local Freddies (Fred Meyer is a chain in the Pacific Northwest, actually owned by Krogers yet is stocked and operates like a super Wal-Mart with departments for everything under the sun) and there on the rack was a 20" blued M92. Not my first choice, but I decided to snap it up while I could, not knowing if or when my first choice would be available in the near future. The action worked OK in the store. I didn't have Michael's Check list with me, but remembered most of it. When I got home I loaded it with some .38 spl snap caps and they went through it just fine. Never having used a lever gun before, I don't have anything to compare it to, but the action seemed "fine" to me with no glitches. The trigger action actually felt better to me than my DA revolver. It required a bit of a pull but there was no long stretch to get to the release. So...next week when I head out to the range I'll try some real ammo and see how she does.
Clark
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Found an M92 today!

Post by Arktikos »

Our Fred Meyer in Juneau got what I think was their first Rossi lever action in, a. 357 blued with a 20" barrel. I am hoping this is the start of a trend for them as they usually have the best prices, even better than Walmart and they often have sales on their guns in the fliers at the front of the store. When I go grocery shopping with the wife She is looking for sales on food and me, I'm checking the sporting section.. :mrgreen:.
I didn't catch which caliber 92 you bought? Ah just reread your post and see it was. 357.. I want one of those someday! Hope you enjoy it thoroughly!

Sent from some beach on Kauai HI
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Gretings
You'd think here in Peru there would be an increasing selection of Rossi levers. But not a one has eevry showed up. Here we are near neighbors and there are more imports from Turkey and Russia than you would want to shake a stick at.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Clarkie46

Post by Clarkie46 »

Missionary, though I don't know for sure, I suspect that your experience is related to economics. The Brazilian manufacturers can make more money selling their rifles in the USA than in Peru. I hope you one day find what you are looking for. I have visited your country and appreciate the beauty I saw there. The skill of the ancient stone masons in Cuzco and other areas is just astounding.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Missionary wrote:Gretings
You'd think here in Peru there would be an increasing selection of Rossi levers. But not a one has eevry showed up. Here we are near neighbors and there are more imports from Turkey and Russia than you would want to shake a stick at.
Mike in Peru
Is gun ownership in Peru for the common folk Mike or is it very restrictive?
Michael