Question about ammo.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Model 52
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Question about ammo.

Post by Model 52 »

pricedo wrote:When a rifle comes out of that factory just be glad when you open the box and it has a receiver & "most" ;) of the parts that are supposed to go with it. :mrgreen:
Be even gladder when the gun works. :D

The advertised 5 pound weight for the 20" Rossi 92s is BS too..........the 20" 92s (the bare unloaded gun) weigh around 6 pounds unloaded according to my fish scale.
I used the fish scale cause I figured the Rossi advertised weight to be a bit "fishy". :mrgreen:
It depends on the caliber as the .45s are lighter than the .357s, but they badly understate the weight of their 20" rifles. That 20" octagon barrel they use is a heavy profile and it is most definitely not a 6.5 pound rifle. The carbines are a little closer to the stated mark.
williamc

Re: Question about ammo.

Post by williamc »

My 20" .44 Magnum carbine (round barrel) is 5 lbs., 14 oz. Way more than the 5 lb. advertised weight. Not a terribly big deal, as it is only 6oz heavier than my 10/22.

It's still a really light little rifle.

William
Rossi 92 - 16" Stainless .44 Magnum