Ruger finally released a real lever gun

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ruger finally released a real lever gun

Post by Ranch Dog »

Dan, I'm giving up on the big stuff. I haven't shot a big bore in three to five years. Two surgeries on the right shoulder and a blown bicep have ended it.
Michael
Dan 444
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Dan 444 »

Michael,
At 72 years old, shooting the big stuff is no longer pleasurable. I pretty much stick with the 30-30, 35Rem, 32 WinSpl and 219 Zipper. I don't shoot as much as I used to...maybe 3-4 times a year and maybe only 40-50 rounds per session. I use a SteadyRest weighted with 50# of lead shot. As I mentioned, I'm going to start selling-off the the big stuff. I'll keep my 444S only because it was my first levergun and it's like an old friend.

I hope that all is well with you and yours!

Best,
Dan
Sarge
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Sarge »

Ranch Dog wrote: 22 Mar 2024 14:33 Dan, I'm giving up on the big stuff. I haven't shot a big bore in three to five years. Two surgeries on the right shoulder and a blown bicep have ended it.
I'm sorry to hear that. 9 years ago I had a blown rotator and torn bicep repaired all at once, worker's comp deal. I got lucky and drew one of the top shoulder cutters in the Midwest, who did a fantastic rebuild. Now at 67, I'm beginning to notice the hard-kickers aren't quite as much fun as I pretended they were when I was younger ;)

Take care and heal up my friend.