357 Magnum Top Gun List

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dpowers92

Re: 357 Magnum Top Gun List

Post by dpowers92 »

runfiverun wrote: 22 Feb 2024 23:47 I've shot a timber wolf and certainly wouldn't pass one up.
still if I had to carry one around all day the little round barrel rossi carbine I bought just because of it's lightness would be hard to beat for weight.

it'd be pretty hard to beat my Dan Wesson with changeable barrels too.... on the range.
it's only drawback is it's a bit robust for simply carrying in a holster all day, so I'd have to defer to a 4-5/8th's Ruger Black hawk.

How did the Timberwolf function. From everything I've seen and read...it looks to be the epitome of a pistol caliber rifle.
Takedown, adjustable and reliable.
DW 15-2 seems to be an excellent revolver.
The whole barrel kit would be awesome.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

dpowers92 wrote: 27 Feb 2024 13:58 What is the difference between the 3 screw version and others?
And what is not to like about the 357mag?
The original version has internals like a Colt. It's a much simpler design that's easier to tune and they have a much better trigger. Way less moving parts.

.357 is a decent self defense round but is generally limited to bulky revolvers for such. It is not much of a hunting round outside of a narrow window of use. It is slowly becoming obsolete.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

My layman's understanding...the 38 special can be found placed into the "medium bore" category of pistol cartridges. But it lacked the desired terminal performance in real-world applications of the "large bore" pistol cartridges such as in the 44 and 45 calibers. An increase in velocity was required to (theoretically) achieve that desired terminal performance hence the 357 magnum.
dpowers92

Post by dpowers92 »

GasGuzzler wrote: 28 Feb 2024 07:34
dpowers92 wrote: 27 Feb 2024 13:58 What is the difference between the 3 screw version and others?
And what is not to like about the 357mag?
The original version has internals like a Colt. It's a much simpler design that's easier to tune and they have a much better trigger. Way less moving parts.

.357 is a decent self defense round but is generally limited to bulky revolvers for such. It is not much of a hunting round outside of a narrow window of use. It is slowly becoming obsolete.
So is the three screw more reliable? Or tougher?
So in theory....if the 357 mag was manufactured in more semi autos (compact) -(Coonan, Grizzly, and DE are all rather large guns)the popularity would increase.

I wish that S&W 52 38 spcl mid range would be reproduced. Relatively small sidearm that packs a decent punch.
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

I liked it... I don't say that about anything that just doesn't work as advertised.

the Taurus pump sucks,, it's hitchy gitchy... but you can work it over to get the hitchy part out,,, the glitchy not so much

the USFA pump is a true copy of the Colt and it works like a swiss watch... if you can find one I wouldn't pass it up either.
my Dad had one and I tried wearing it out when he wasn't looking... LOL
[to be fair it was my ammo]
dpowers92

Post by dpowers92 »

runfiverun wrote: 04 Mar 2024 21:38 I liked it... I don't say that about anything that just doesn't work as advertised.

the Taurus pump sucks,, it's hitchy gitchy... but you can work it over to get the hitchy part out,,, the glitchy not so much

the USFA pump is a true copy of the Colt and it works like a swiss watch... if you can find one I wouldn't pass it up either.
my Dad had one and I tried wearing it out when he wasn't looking... LOL
[to be fair it was my ammo]
I've seen the negative reviews on the Taurus- most every one says it's only useful as a tomato steak:)
Any thoughts on the AMERICAN WESTERN ARMS LIGHTNING in 45 colt?
cavelamb

Post by cavelamb »

I have had absolutely no problems with Taurus 605s.
Regardless of what the reviewers may say.
100 percent reliable and accurate.
NRA Pistol Instructor, Metallic Cartridge Instructor, Range Safety Officer
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

I know nothing about the American gun.