New member from Canada

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Meteor1968

New member from Canada

Post by Meteor1968 »

Hello from western Canada. I recently bought a R92 in .357/.38 in black with the 20" barrel. I've been shooting since I was 10 years old, and that's a few decades ago. :lol:
I do some plinking and pest control so I have the obligatory .22LRs and 12 gauge shotgun. I recently found myself in the position to finally just buy something different and fun and lever guns are all that, for sure. This is the first centre fire rifle that I've owned. Growing up I used my dad's Savage 99C and Lee Enfield .303 for deer so I'm not new to centre fire but it sure will be different aiming at paper and steel rather than Mule deer and Whitetails.
Looking forward to learning from all you Rossi fans.
Proud owner of an R92 with 20" blued barrel in .357/.38
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: New member from Canada

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome from Arkansas! Enjoy your new rifle and if you have questions there are plenty of answers (and opinions abound) here. Just remember, we like pictures and have, sometimes, our own peculiar sense of humor.
Meteor1968

Post by Meteor1968 »

Thanks Gunny268. If you or anyone else would like to add to this post giving me tips on using Buckhorn sights in the 25 to 100 yard range it would be greatly appreciated. I grew up using open sights but they were all flat top simple notch sites. I want to give them a really honest try before I go muddling around and putting a receiver mounted peep sight on this rifle. My eyes aren't as keen as they were in my twenties but I'm willing to try.
Thank you.
Proud owner of an R92 with 20" blued barrel in .357/.38
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

"Buckhorn Sights?"...Oh NO. May have worked for folks in the 1880s but there's been so much improvement in design and "ergonomics" since the 19th Century. For us old folks (read retired military) the rear peep sight set as close to the eye as possible is about the best setup. YMMV.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Meteor1968 wrote: 06 Mar 2024 11:21 Thanks Gunny268. If you or anyone else would like to add to this post giving me tips on using Buckhorn sights in the 25 to 100 yard range it would be greatly appreciated. I grew up using open sights but they were all flat top simple notch sites. I want to give them a really honest try before I go muddling around and putting a receiver mounted peep sight on this rifle. My eyes aren't as keen as they were in my twenties but I'm willing to try.
Thank you.
The sights on these rifles is by far the most common topic so just peruse the forum when you get an extra couple of hours.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
coyotebc

Post by coyotebc »

Welcome from the Fraser Valley.
We are lucky as there is a gunsmith locally that does a lot of work om cowboy action guns
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Welcome from Western Kentucky!!
Loads of good Folks here, lots of useful information available as well!
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA