Ejector Collar

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
bkboyes

Ejector Collar

Post by bkboyes »

I am new to lever guns. I bought a R92, stainless 20in barrel in 38/357. I have been experimenting taking the lever and locks out. I was also looking at the bolt and ejector pin. I did have to reinsert the injector pin a number of times before reinstalling the lever and locks. Went to the range Saturday and shot 150 rounds. No issues what so ever..ran flawless. I found a small metal ring/collar by my workbench. I looked at videos on disassembling the gun, and sure enough it was the ejector pin collar.
How is it possible the gun ejected shells? A fluke or would it have failed at a later date?
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Ejector Collar

Post by Gunny268 »

It probably would have continued to cycle without problems. The ejector spring collar is there to evenly support the rear of the ejector spring, but the bolt/lever cross pin apparently was able to do the job. Might have even lessened the ejector spring's tension to produce a "less robust" ejection of the spent shell casings. JMHO.
bkboyes

Post by bkboyes »

Thanks Gunny. I disassembled and reassembled Sunday but haven't been to the range yet.
LexsLavrov

Post by LexsLavrov »

bkboyes wrote: 27 Feb 2024 17:57 How is it possible the gun ejected shells? A fluke or would it have failed at a later date?
Ejector spring has some tension against bot pin by itself. Collar just increases this tension. To my taste - too much. I made a replacement collar about 1/3 of an original in length. Case ejection is much more convenient now, especially for me because I have to pick my cases for reloading.