New foregrip

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
HiddenMortimer

New foregrip

Post by HiddenMortimer »

Hi. I’m working on refinishing the wood on my new Rossi 92. After removing the finish, I noticed that the wood is mismatched. Is it possible to buy a new foregrip from Rossi and would they deliver to the US? Also, are the stocks finished or unfinished?

Oh and one more question. Is there a trick to installing the grip back on? The screw doesn’t line up now. It’s almost as if the notch on the barrel doesn’t let the screw go in straight.
GasGuzzler

Re: New foregrip

Post by GasGuzzler »

Most any new gun with wood parts will not match once the sprayed on garbage finish they use is removed. Fully prep and stain what you have and it will likely match fine.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
9x80Drilling

Post by 9x80Drilling »

HiddenMortimer, I seem to remember there was a discussion some years back about reinstalling that fore end screw. There could be more than one thread that includes ideas about the task. I recall having some difficulty getting mine lined up. It was a minor battle, not a terrible fight, but I couldn't tell you what finally worked.
Hopefully some of the more experienced gunsmith types on here will chime in.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Round file the relief in the barrel, remove some wood around the fore end where the band goes, convert the screw to the next up size SAE machine screw and ditch the weird Rossi metric stuff.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HiddenMortimer

Post by HiddenMortimer »

Thanks for the replies. I actually got it to fit but not without messing it all up. I kinda want to get a new forearm. Already sent a request to Rossi. Let’s see what they say
9x80Drilling

Post by 9x80Drilling »

Have you looked at the site boydsgunstocks.com? A few of us have bought replacement stocks from them.
I put one of their "fancy" buttstocks (certainly not fancy) on my .45 Colt 92. It's fine, functional, not superb by any means.
I like really nice wood on my firearms and have restocked several, including some Fox and LC Smith doubleguns, with the wood we used to be able to buy from Fajens.
sghart3578

Post by sghart3578 »

I bought a new fore end for my R92 in 45 Colt from https://shoprossi.com/. I also bought a new buttstock designed for the 454 Casull. The added recoil pad increased my length of pull which is what I was after. Shoulders great now.

rossi1 (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HiddenMortimer

Post by HiddenMortimer »

I went to the website but I’m only able to put it in a wishlist. I wonder if it’s because they might be out of stock. I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they say.
LexsLavrov

Post by LexsLavrov »

Ghm... My right hand (loading gate side) screw always gives me trouble. I thought a screw may be messed up and made couple for brass. Left one went ok. Right one - completely messed up. So, this must be a threading problem in the coupling part.