A little sight improvement

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.

A little sight improvement

Post by 0369 »

I figured I'd start a new topic for this since it's kind of a different project. If it belongs in the DIY section feel free to move it. I was not happy with the quality of my new Williams FP, so instead of ordering other aperatures I made one. I didn't want a .050" target aperature, so I split the difference between the target and standard. I made one with a larger O.D. and a .071" hole. I have to degrease it and hit it with aluminum black yet.

ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: A little sight improvement

Post by ironhead7544 »

Nice work. You should be able to get just the correct size for your eye. Merit has an adjustable one but it is expensive.

Post by 0369 »

Thanks for the compliment Ironhead. I thought about a Merit, but I'm cheap and have a lathe :D .
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Howdy 0369
I also put receiver or tang sights on my rifles I shoot alot .
With the screw in diopters... If one has too big a hole it is an easy matter to fill it with lead then drill out the hole with whatever jewlers or letter drill size gets you where you need to be. Fellers in BPCR been doing this for years . Nice thing is it does not cost anything but a little time at the range or looking out a window at an odject whatever distance away.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.

Post by 0369 »

Mike, I thought about filling it in and re drilling it, but I mainly wanted a smaller aperature for range work and load testing. I'll probably put the .093" back in for field use. It only takes me about 20 minutes to make one on the lathe so I may just make a variety. Not that I need more projects, but I like simple ones to take a break from the frustrating ones. I'm working on a Centra copy rear sight for a Remington M521 with a matching adjustable front globe. Needles to say, this is one of the frustrating ones I need breaks from.