Buy a 20" to have it shortened and threaded?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
dmk

Re: Buy a 20" to have it shortened and threaded?

Post by dmk »

JRexA wrote: 22 Aug 2023 20:30 By all means do it.
But I would just shorten the existing Mag Tube.

Should be easier, than shortening and threading the Barrel.
I'm doing it. I just ordered the 20" SS R92 yesterday. 8-)
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Very exciting! Keep us posted. Do you already have the can? I submitted a Form 1 for a 40 S&W and a Form 4 for a 22 back in April when I was flush with cash. The Form 1 was approved in 6 weeks and caught me flatfooted. That build is in process. The 22 can is collecting dust in my FFLs safe.
dmk

Post by dmk »

HarryAlonzo wrote: 23 Aug 2023 18:50 Very exciting! Keep us posted. Do you already have the can?
Yes, I have a couple that will work on this. I have a Dead Air Odessa (which might be perfect for this, being only 1" in diameter) and a CGS Kraken (the older version of their Mod 9). I also have a TBAC Fly 9 waiting on Form 4 approval.

They will all work with 38 Special which is what I want this rifle for. It's subsonic, quiet, and heavy bullets are available. The Fly 9 will also work with 357, and maybe the Kraken will as well, but I'll probably rarely shoot the magnums in this gun.

I did a Form 1 22LR can a few years back. That was a fun project. It actually works really good. Good luck with yours!