new rossi gallery gun vs the 62

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
trekker

new rossi gallery gun vs the 62

Post by trekker »

fellas Im looking to pick up a rossi 62 pump in 22lr if I can find one. wondered if anyone might know the weight for the 16.5'" barrel version?

Also I see Rossi is doing a new 22Lr gallery gun. Wondered if it has the same takedown ability the 62 model does?
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: new rossi gallery gun vs the 62

Post by HarryAlonzo »

I’ve checked a few reviews, and no mention of a takedown feature.
Thin Man

Post by Thin Man »

No, the new Rossi Gallery rifles do not have the takedown feature of the Model 62s. Additionally, the quality level of the new guns just isn't up to the old 62's level... at all. When we started to get them in stock at the gun shop where I work, we were all somewhat taken aback at the lack of overall quality, the wonky safety and the cheap-looking finish and wood; even at their present price point.
My advice would be to try very hard to find a 62 or even a vintage Winchester or Remington pump.
If I really had to have a new pump .22 I would look at Henry's offerings. They're more expensive but worth the cost.
And I say this as a Rossi fan with 2 .357 Magnum 92s and a 62 SAC that I dearly love.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I saw them at the Shot Show and thought Daisy has a better fit and finish on their run-of-the-line air rifles.
Michael
Thin Man

Post by Thin Man »

Ranch Dog wrote:I saw them at the Shot Show and thought Daisy has a better fit and finish on their run-of-the-line air rifles.
I couldn't agree more!
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Wonder if someone else is making them for Rossi?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
donhov

Post by donhov »

Just bought one and a few comments. NO it isn't take down. Not bad quality for the $250 price tag. Far from perfect but acceptable I would say. Do not like the reddish color of the stocks but hopefully I can correct that a little later to a darker finish. Also ran into a minor problem mounting a scope on it. Rail on gun is a 3/8 Weaver style requiring an adapter to get a standard scope mount to fit, then you can not easily access the hammer and you must fully lower the rear sight for a medium size scope to be mounted. I have a 3x9x40 scope mounted on a WalMart adapter plate and rings. Ordered a 3/8 x Pic rail adapter which will allow me to use the see through mounts that came with the scope which will raise by at least 1/2 inch hopefully easing some of the above mentioned problems. Will post after I receive the mount adapter and how well it alleviates the problems. Otherwise seems to cycle OK although a little stiff but hopefully after a few hundred rounds it will loosen up a bit.

Hopefully this will answer a few questions. Overall I think it is an OK value for the price I paid for what I got. Not a Cadillac but also not a Yugo.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have a Yugo that's worth more than the cars were after two months of ownership in the mid '80's.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
donhov

Post by donhov »

As a teenager I had a BMW Isetta, the little car that the whole front opened and steering wheel tilted out. Paid $200 (think new it might have been $500) and it only had a few thousand miles on it. First car and 60 MPG on a 13 hp 1 cyl. engine. Saw one the other day for sale, $40k. Maybe I should have kept mine, it was the convertible too, fewer made so probably worth more.,