@ new Rossi rimfires came home with me!!

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
MoMan

@ new Rossi rimfires came home with me!!

Post by MoMan »

I went to the local Rural King to handle a Rossi Gallery gun, I liked it and after they brought me out one from the back, that was NIB, I decided to purchase it. The ONLY person there who could process the 4473 had just gone to lunch, and wouldn't be back for an hour. IO wasn't in the mood to wait an hour, so I put the rifle on layaway, and said; "I'll be back for it 1 day next week".

Well on my way back to RK to pick up my Gallery gun, I decided I would take a look at the Rossi Rio Bravo, the .22 lever rifle. Well I liked that one as well!!

Long story short, I came home with both of them.

Unfortunately right after I brought them home, I pinched a nerve in my hip, and have been pretty much incapacitated, so no range report at this time, I'm hoping to be able to get there in the next week or so. I'll follow-up with the report when I can get there.

Here's a 'group' photo:
20210917_174341.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
Reese-Mo
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: @ new Rossi rimfires came home with me!!

Post by Reese-Mo »

Slick!!!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Looking forward to you report on the Gallery, I have one with the "red" wood. It's reasonably accurate and just a tad quirky. Now and then the hammer drops but no bang, it ejects a loaded round without a mark on it and the next fires fine. I haven't found a consistent cause and I'll be damned if I'm going to let Rossi have it. I just need a little time to mess with it.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
MoMan

Post by MoMan »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Looking forward to you report on the Gallery, I have one with the "red" wood. It's reasonably accurate and just a tad quirky. Now and then the hammer drops but no bang, it ejects a loaded round without a mark on it and the next fires fine. I haven't found a consistent cause and I'll be damned if I'm going to let Rossi have it. I just need a little time to mess with it.

Make smoke,
I'm thinking it'll be another week or so before I get to the range. I'll be sure to post my findings/impressions on both rifles. I'll let y'all know how they act.
I'm hoping for good things from these little rifles. I have a couple of 92's, and they are stellar rifles!!
MO

Member: Kentucky Regulators G.C./LaSalle Sportsmen's Club/NRA
North Idaho Shooter

Post by North Idaho Shooter »

Nice score! I've been eying the Rossi Pump rifle myself (with the wood-synthetic is not for me). After a pass through a local (more or less) gun shop today, I spotted a Rio Bravo with the gold plated receiver and lever. Just had to handle it. Fit and finish seemed very good, and the action was easily as slick as any of the Henrys I have (Frontier in 22 and 17 HMR). Needless to say, it followed me home. I hope to get it out to the range sometime before the end of the year, but we'll see.