Refinish of Rossi Stock Set With New Photos

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Clinebo

Re: Refinish of Rossi Stock Set With New Photos

Post by Clinebo »

COSteve> Did you use this method? I'm thinking of giving the MATCO a try. I really like the way your stocks turned out.
http://www.wwch.org/technique/finishes/oilfin.htm
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted User 327 on 17 Jan 2021 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Clinebo

Post by Clinebo »

I had the local Hardware store order me a can of the WATCO Danish Oil Finish. Should be here next week. I'm anxious to see how the stock looks after a lil TLC. If it turns out as good as yours did I'll be a happy guy.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Lostcoast wrote:Yes BLO is great but it won't offer the degree of protection that a Tru-Oil or Miniwax Poly finish will, and weatherproof protection and maintenance free-ness is what I was aiming for with my refinish.
That's a matter of opinion.
My Amadeo Rossi stocks have been around since I first started being a Rossi Rifleman and that was way before internet forums & Braztech and they are still in very good shape.
May not be the purtiest 92s around but then again they are tools and not ornaments.
I have gone the fancy route and installed & fit walnut butt stocks and forearms on a couple of Rossi 92s in the past but found that really good looking guns, like really beautiful wives are hard to keep to yourself and they were spotted and literally wrenched out of my hands by people seeing them and being overcome by love at first sight........both sold at deer camp during hunting trips......anything is for sale if the wad of greenbacks in the buyers hand is thick enough. :mrgreen:
DBLO is cheap, simple to apply & reapply, does the job, DOESN'T ATTRACT TOO MUCH ATTENTION & is goodenuff. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA