NOE Rail - anyone know of a rear sight that would fit?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
jcork

NOE Rail - anyone know of a rear sight that would fit?

Post by jcork »

I have a 20" .357 R92 with an NOE rail. Has anyone found a small/low fixed rear sight that could fit on the NOE rail and use the factory front sight? Any solutions that involve swapping to a different front sight as well? It seems like it might be possible, if clumsy; the NOE is pretty tall.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: NOE Rail - anyone know of a rear sight that would fit?

Post by HarryAlonzo »

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/pro ... ?prod=4200

This is the only thing I have ever found that is anywhere close to what you’re looking for. If somebody were to make a notched sight like what you describe, I bet they would find a market.

The NECG would have to function as a ghost ring, given the distance between the rail and the receiver. If you’re interested, take a look at the Weaver mount version. It has an extra-low add on that might suit your needs.
jcork

Post by jcork »

Thanx HarryAlanzo, I found something comparable:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018707521?pid=199942

It's probably too tall without a front sight change. I suppose you could grind off the top of the aperature hole leaving a 'U' but maybe that would be about like the buckhorn sights.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

That one is only compatible with a Talley base. Be a cold day in Hell when Talley makes a scope mount base for a Rossi 92.