Flashlight on rossi 92 in 357

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
trekker

Flashlight on rossi 92 in 357

Post by trekker »

looking to fix a compact flashlight to my rossi 92 for night shooting.

Wasnt going to bother with specific mounts, will be zip ties or duct tape (depending on what I can find first in the workshed. :D )

Question is despite being only about 4.2oz with battery, will it be okay hanging off the magazine tube? They arent the strongest of structures.

Flashlight here.

I really dont want to get into offset light mounts on top rails etc.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Flashlight on rossi 92 in 357

Post by Archer »

Will it be ok hanging off the mag tube?

Sort of.
That is to say the weight alone if distributed by a couple four zip ties along the tube and NOT torquing the tube because the flashlight is not a straight contour won't be a problem IMO. The chance of damaging the gun increases however due to misadventure increases. If for example you drop the gun the chance of the flashlight taking a hit that bends the tube is always there.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Buy a rechargeable LED headlamp. Milwaukee makes a good one...available at The Home Depot.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have a similar flashlight. I used electrical tape, taping it between barrel & tube up near the front band of my 357 Mag. The rifle had a scout scope, it was perfect. Shot a couple of hogs at night with it.

Michael
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Ok, this is an M1 Carbine, but we know about NOE scope mounts for Rossi's. This photo shows the flashlight I had mounted on this carbine, it hangs off the side, for a 1" flashlight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trekker

Post by trekker »

Ranch Dog wrote:I have a similar flashlight. I used electrical tape, taping it between barrel & tube up near the front band of my 357 Mag. The rifle had a scout scope, it was perfect. Shot a couple of hogs at night with it.

Very nice ranch dog that is similar setup to what I am after
trekker

Post by trekker »

GasGuzzler wrote:Buy a rechargeable LED headlamp. Milwaukee makes a good one...available at The Home Depot.
I wear one of those two, but just for the follow up. For shooting they wont usually have the punch to reach 60-70 yards+ also you cant switch them on suddenly to snapshoot, as you can with a light mounted to the gun.