Tell us a bit about yourself!
SAColt45

Post by SAColt45 »

Hello , all.New member from the plains of NE where the deer and antelope play. Even though I'm not new to shooting anything that goes BANG; I am looking forward to gaining some insight into the Rossi guns. +guns
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: new member

Post by Gunny268 »

Welcome! You've come to the right place. What are you shooting (referring to firearms) these days?
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Welcome,
Rossi has some quirks but they can be quite nice.

The board is heavy with Rossi knowledge but it has quite a bit of general firearms knowledge as well.
SAColt45

Post by SAColt45 »

Gunny268 wrote:Welcome! You've come to the right place. What are you shooting (referring to firearms) these days?
Gunny, it would take several typed pages to answer that question. I presently load for 6 different pistol calibers and 7 rifle calibers. I've hunted deer and antelope with a .44mag hand gun since the late 60's. First a S&W Mod. 29, 8 3/8 in barrel. After I foolishly let it go. I've been hunting with two Stainless Ruger Vaqueros in 44 mag. a 4 5/8 in. and a 7 1/2 in.
Part of the reason I joined the forum is to find out if any one besides me is having a problem with Rossi getting repair work done and their guns back to them.
I purchased my first Rossi Mod. 57 Gallery JR. In the late 60's or early 70's when I was still trapping. This little 16 1/2 in. barrel gun has never failed me. Last year (exactly a year ago this month) I decided to purchase a Rossi Mod. 92 in 44 mag. Previously owned a Winchester 94 and a Win/Browning in 44 mag. Thought I'd give the Rossi a shot (bad decision) I took the gun out to sight it in and the eleventh round I shot through it the extractor broke. I took it back to my LGS and he sent it back to Rossi. Still no gun even though he has called several times to no avail. Deer season opens here in two weeks and I really wanted it as a back up for these old eyes if needed. Hate to say this, but I may have purchased my last Rossi.

Sorry about the long rant, but I'm not a real happy camper. Any advice or info from anybody will be greatly appreciated.

Take care and shoot straight.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I posted a question regarding the broken extractor on the thread asking questions about the .44 Mag late model guns. I own two Braztech marked .44 Mags that so far have been good.

AFAIK we don't see a lot of broken extractors. Anything can fail but I don't recall seeing that as a problem part. The ejectors on the other hand do occasionally fail. There is an aftermarket part for that available potentially.

Rossi should have fixed that by now but they seem to be pretty low on spare parts as a rule. You are not alone on waiting quite some time for them to get something done.
Gunny268
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Gunny268 »

SAColt45, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble with the 44 mag. I know I'm a day late and dollar short, but on this forum, I learned to find an extractor for a 357 model 92 at Jack First Gun Parts. Fitted it to my rifle and have had no trouble since.
Trying to quote MrSurveyor (this forum), who said it best, "A gun's not really yours until you have violated the warranty."
Heavy iron

Post by Heavy iron »

Welcome to rossi rifleman. Great to have you on board.
Ackley was right all along