Cleaning The M92

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
Czechbikr

Cleaning The M92

Post by Czechbikr »

Brand new 357 and I'm in deep love already. I don't think it's just an infatuation as I've chased this babe for a long time. I was surprised that the lifter had a grainy, pebbled surface and thought that could be an issue. It ran everything I fed it just fine. I don't really feel a need to detail strip the rifle to slick it up as the functioning it just fine for what I intend for it at this time, being just a range gun. What do owners do to clean them without breaking them down?
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Cleaning The M92

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I use a pull through like the Viper or the cable style like Remington sells I particularly like the Remington swoobs. They are the orange rubbery things that fit tight in the bore and chamber and do a good job of cleaning after a pull through brush.

As a last resort I've used a brass muzzle guide and cleaned from the front end.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't have a problem with cleaning a rifle from the muzzle, I've been shooting leverguns 51 years now and haven't hurt one yet. I always use a brass muzzle guide. To prevent debris from being pushed back into the action, I start by using a pull-through type cleaner. My favorite has become the PatchWorm. That system introduced me to the VFG product line, and I used the Super Intensive Wool Pelts for most of my cleaning needs. I purchase them through Buffalo Arms.
Michael
dalek

Post by dalek »

Resurrecting thread, where to get the brass muzzle guides?
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

dalek wrote:Resurrecting thread, where to get the brass muzzle guides?
I got mine a lot of years ago from a gun show vendor that carried Dewy cleaning rods and accessories. I also got a stop that keeps the rod from banging into the bolt face.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Mashuga

Post by Mashuga »

You can also make a muzzle guide by cutting down a .223 or an appropriately size casing for the bore and put your cleaning rod through it with the mouth of the casing in the barrel. It depends on the diameter of the rod and the case mouth as to how much play there is.
Last edited by Mashuga on 22 Mar 2020 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nashville Stage

Post by Nashville Stage »

Mashuga wrote:You can also make a muzzle guide by cutting down a .223 or an appropriately size casing and put your cleaning rod through it with the mouth of the casing in the barrel.
Hey, that's neat idea! I've done a similar thing for my .22 rimfire cleaning rod, cutting down a .17 HMR case for a muzzle guide and using a .17 caliber rod. I hadn't thought of using a .223 case for my larger rod.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I checked at the Dewey web site and they still make the brass rod guide that I have. If you go there search using muzzle as you key word. Good luck

Make smoke,
josef644

Post by josef644 »

I was thinking he was asking about the 'lifter'