new guy from SE PA

Tell us a bit about yourself!
hunterdan

new guy from SE PA

Post by hunterdan »

I just joined today and I just got back from my gun shop with a new Rossi 92 in 357 with the 20" barrel. Not going to lie. I did want a marlin in 44 mag but I wasnt going g to wait until July to get one. I got this for casual shooting at the range and I may take it out in the woods for some deer. My shop had to special order me one, but it came in quickly. I did read up on what to look for and everything looked good. I came home and cycled some rounds through to check for function. It chambered and ejected the 357s with no issues. Going to clean and degrease it soon and oil it up with some good oil. Looking forward to putting some rounds through it soon.

Dan
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new guy from SE PA

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome aboard Dan. I think you like your rifle, my feral hogs to care for mine one bit!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: new guy from SE PA

Post by pricedo »

Welcome aboard.
If a Rossi cycles ammo good right off the bat I'll still pull it apart for a good cleaning (including the inside of the magazine tube) and while I'm in there I'll polish off the conspicuous metal burrs & rough spots & replace the plastic mag follower with a stainless steel one.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA