Will There Ever Be ...

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Will There Ever Be ...

Post by mr surveyor »

Will there ever be a 25-20 offering from Rossi? I don't have too many more years to wait ... I sure do want to tinker with the 25-20.

Just thinking though, they may not be proficient enough to tool up for a bottle necked case. Just a "bucket list" item.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will There Ever Be ...

Post by Ranch Dog »

mr surveyor wrote:Will there ever be a 25-20 offering from Rossi?
Put it this way; I'm willing to bet my 401(k) there will not be.

If you lived close enough, I'd loan you my Marlin 1894CL to fiddle with until your scratch is itched. I just don't expect much levergun activity from Rossi anymore. I think that ship sailed.
Michael
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

Ranch Dog wrote: I just don't expect much levergun activity from Rossi anymore. I think that ship sailed.

Guess I oughta be glad I got in when I did...........but I will still hope they realize that there is still a market for their lever guns......everyone that shoots mine wants to get their own....... 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Moe Mentum

Post by Moe Mentum »

No, the 25-20 is not a popular round.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Moe Mentum wrote:No, the 25-20 is not a popular round.
This ^^^

I just found another couple lever gun wildcats that were never really popular in reloading manuals recently and had that wonder why moment earlier this week.

I sort of wish I'd gotten one of the Japanese Winchester .405 1895s but to be honest I don't need yet another oddball caliber that's hard to find.
dalek

Post by dalek »

Ranch Dog wrote:

If you lived close enough, I'd loan you my Marlin 1894CL to fiddle with until your scratch is itched. I just don't expect much levergun activity from Rossi anymore. I think that ship sailed.

Interesting you say that; I noticed a lot of online vendors with new Rossi 92 shipments lately.
Archer wrote:
Moe Mentum wrote:I sort of wish I'd gotten one of the Japanese Winchester .405 1895s but to be honest I don't need yet another oddball caliber that's hard to find.
I thought the .405, specially out of a 1895, was popular because of Teddy Roosevelt. In fact, most of the 1895s I see are in that caliber even though they were a drop in the ocean compared to the Russian contract.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

dalek wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:

Interesting you say that; I noticed a lot of online vendors with new Rossi 92 shipments lately.
I was speaking of new stuff beyond the current 357 Mag and 45 Colt 92s.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Yeah, the original question was if Rossi would make a .25-20. No way, they can hardly build two calibers now and if they did expand again .25-20 would be so far down the list we'd never see it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
remus

Post by remus »

I doubt if the 25-20 will ever happen to the Rossi 92. They make good stuff but the regular calibers are sporadic. I'd like a 32-20 mod 92 from Rossi but I'm whistling in the wind on that one.