Midway Blems (bullets)

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Midway Blems (bullets)

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Any body have any experience with these. They have some in their current list I'm interested in, but would like some idea of what I'm getting into. A lot of the pictures and weights they look like they may be mostly Sierra products and given their proximity to Sedalia and Sierra it seems a reasonable assumption.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Midway Blems (bullets)

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Quite some time ago, and just once, but the really did have just cosmetic defects . . . Staining.
Mashuga

Post by Mashuga »

Some years back I bought some 8mm, 170gr JSP 'blems' from Midway. Whatever the blems were I couldn't see anything at all wrong with them. They looked and functioned fine.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Thank you both.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I bought some 52 gr gummy tips for .222 rem (still haven't fixed the headspace issue). From what I could tell the OEM boxes were damaged so they put them in a Midway box and called it bulk discount blems.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mikld

Post by mikld »

I have purchase some 30 cal "blems" for use in my Garand and the only "problem" I could find was some had ragged HP openings. I measured and weighed many, but besides the nose/HP irregularity some were a slightly different color, and shot as well as the "good stuff".

BTW, manufacturing "standard" used to be "blems" were in tolerance and would be as good as any factory product, just a visible cosmetic flaw. "Factory seconds" did not meet manufacturing tolerances and could/would not be sold without noting they were not up to "first run" standards. Mostly OK to use just not up to the standards...
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

I bought some .303 "blems" that looked fine, until I figured out the cannelure was in the wrong place on all of them. And then found out my Enfields don't like boat tailed bullets.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rondog wrote:I bought some .303 "blems" that looked fine, until I figured out the cannelure was in the wrong place on all of them. And then found out my Enfields don't like boat tailed bullets.
We don't talk 303 here but my two SMLEs shoot the PPU B125 bullet, a SPBT, the best.
Michael
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I was going through the bullets, put some in my cart, then got this email on surplus ammo.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10207 ... power-shok

I purchased a box of these Federal power shock last year from a LGS, ($24.99) per box of 20
These are $10.00 per box with a case purchase.

so i added a case to the cart, free shipping to.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Should be darned good ammo and not a bad price for Federal.

A few years back I picked up 500 rounds of PPU .30 Carbine SP at something like $15/box of 50.
They came sealed in heavy clear plastic 5 boxes per pack.

Looks like S&B, PPU, Armscor, Aguila and maybe Fiocchi and Magtech are all about $18-$23/50 plus shipping, and not from my preferred ammo dealers either.