Help Identifying an Old Rossi?

Any Rossi not classified in the forums above.
akeever

Help Identifying an Old Rossi?

Post by akeever »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some help for my father-in-law. He recently received a single shot, 36 caliber, smooth bore pistol. It was his grandfather's and his father's before him. I have several pictures and could get anymore pictures needed to identify it.

I did some investigating and tracked the sticker on the box to a retail location in Recife, Brazil. The store was founded in 1966 and doesn't exist anymore. The 4 digit phone number leads me to believe it was sold very near to 1966. That same sticker classifies it as "Caca Pesca" or "hunting fishing," so I know it was meant for general marksmanship, hunting, or "plinking."

So my best guess is it was bought in Brazil near 1966 from this store as a souvenir and carried back to the States. His grandfather traveled a lot, so that's not out of the question.

Thanks for any help you can give!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help Identifying an Old Rossi?

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is an interesting firearm! Maybe someone will know something about it.
Michael
dalek

Post by dalek »

I have read the .410 (36ga) is very common there as a hunting cartridge there because of their gun regulations. I was going to say it also looks like it started its life as single shot .410 shotgun which was converted into a pistol, but the stamping on the bottom of the grip looks too elaborate not to be factory (unless they knew an engraver with lots of patience and no life).

If you are still amongst the living, and interested in an answer, and do not mind if some pictures are posted, I can ask those I know who might have connections with that country.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Very cool find +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!