Reaming M92 for .460 Rowland?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
medezyner

Re: Reaming M92 for .460 Rowland?

Post by medezyner »

dionesius3 wrote:If Coonan arms comes out of "restructuring" (their words) they intend to expand their offerings to include the .44mag in the 1911 format.
I have a .357 Mag version of theirs and it's a sweet shooter.
Hopefully they do because I would give a 6" 44 mag a serious look, but I would also be very cautious of anyone coming out of restructuring.
"We deal in lead, friend."
- Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Warhawk wrote:Rangerpoint Precision in Houston converts Marlin leverguns to 9mm and 45 ACP.
Not anymore. Although I didn't confirm, since their website sucks and I lost my patience.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

HarryAlonzo wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Rangerpoint Precision in Houston converts Marlin leverguns to 9mm and 45 ACP.
Not anymore. Although I didn't confirm, since their website sucks and I lost my patience.
I lost my patience with them as well. I was interested in some of their work, they never responded to any of my emails.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Ranch Dog wrote:
HarryAlonzo wrote:
I lost my patience with them as well. I was interested in some of their work, they never responded to any of my emails.
Well that's pretty funny since there was a time they sure talked a lot of game on the internet. +corn
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yep, it is. My sister lives within a mile of their business address, but I've not bothered to go by because of it.
Michael
Gray Fox

Post by Gray Fox »

Another option is the Mech-Tech carbine upper that mounts onto either a 1911 lower or one from Glock. I have two of them, one in .45 acp and one in .460 Rowland with 1911 lowers. It takes about two minutes to put the upper on the lower. Both have small red dot sights on them and are quite accurate at 50 yards. Cost about $400.00. I'm in the opposite position from you as I am now trying to decide which of my 19lls to equip with a .460 Rowland barrel. I'm leaning towards a full size S&W 1911 Tactical Model right now. Gray Fox
medezyner

Post by medezyner »

Gray Fox wrote:Another option is the Mech-Tech carbine upper that mounts onto either a 1911 lower or one from Glock. I have two of them, one in .45 acp and one in .460 Rowland with 1911 lowers. It takes about two minutes to put the upper on the lower. Both have small red dot sights on them and are quite accurate at 50 yards. Cost about $400.00. I'm in the opposite position from you as I am now trying to decide which of my 19lls to equip with a .460 Rowland barrel. I'm leaning towards a full size S&W 1911 Tactical Model right now. Gray Fox
Good suggestion about the Mech-Tech. I guess the only limiting factor would be the Kimbers dust cover. I'm purchasing the LS (6" long slide) so it probably wont work with the Mech-Tech. Interesting though.
"We deal in lead, friend."
- Steve McQueen, The Magnificent Seven