Good News on New 20" M92 Deliveries

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Deleted User 327

Good News on New 20" M92 Deliveries

Post by Deleted User 327 »

A member on AR15.com, babarsac, posted on Oct 10th in the Leverguns Forum under my post, 'Looks Like Rossi M92s Are Coming Back In Stock',

"Local shop just got a batch of M92's 357/38 with 20in barrels at $529 a pop. Cheaper then Gunbroker so I'll give them a call to see how man they have left."

Good news and confirms what Rossi CS has been telling me, including that the price will be about the same as they were last time around from the old factory. :D
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Good News on New 20" M92 Deliveries

Post by golfish »

That price is good news. He didn't say if they're blued or SS. The SS flavor has been on GB for a month or two, priced around 600.00.

Thanks for sharing Steve
stevep1954

Post by stevep1954 »

20" stainless 357 on Guns International 550.00 not mine just thought i'd let others know 600.00 isn't necessary to get a new one.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by golfish »

golfish wrote:That price is good news. He didn't say if they're blued or SS. The SS flavor has been on GB for a month or two, priced around 600.00.

Thanks for sharing Steve
Looks like SS only
Deleted User 327

Post by Deleted User 327 »

Rossi says they are shipping both SS and blued 20" carbines in 357 Mag and 44 Mag. They also said that they've not received as many orders from the Distributors for them as they had assumed. Looks like the distributors are backed up with cheap ARs and don't have the $$ or the desire to order more leverguns. To get them flowing we need to ask our dealers to find out what the hold up is. Show interest and get the products flowing.
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

COSteve wrote:Rossi says they are shipping both SS and blued 20" carbines in 357 Mag and 44 Mag. They also said that they've not received as many orders from the Distributors for them as they had assumed. Looks like the distributors are backed up with cheap ARs and don't have the $$ or the desire to order more leverguns. To get them flowing we need to ask our dealers to find out what the hold up is. Show interest and get the products flowing.
Well, IMO, Rossi monkeyed around too much. They've been unavailable for so long most people assume they went out of business.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rondog wrote:Well, IMO, Rossi monkeyed around too much. They've been unavailable for so long most people assume they went out of business.
Very true in my experience. If you get away from levergun focused forums, individuals that have become interested or ask about in the action, quickly can make the assumption that Rossi is out of business.

Personally, I wonder about the future of the action type. I dont think there is enough interest in it. I've had a bunch of youth hunters cycle through my ranch on various programs, not once have I seen them with a levergun. If the kids aren't interested in them, those that are producing them are in a business that is dying.
Michael
Arroyoshark
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Arroyoshark »

Ranch Dog wrote:Personally, I wonder about the future of the action type. I dont think there is enough interest in it. I've had a bunch of youth hunters cycle through my ranch on various programs, not once have I seen them with a levergun. If the kids aren't interested in them, those that are producing them are in a business that is dying.
What's needed are a few new cowboy type movies - no not the brokeback mountain kind - to stir the flight of fancy in levers. Loot at the interest that Tom Selleck's movie, "Quigley Down Under" did for Sharps rifle replicas a few years ago. We miss you John Wayne and Steve McQueen and, of course, Chuck Connors ... +guns
When sitting down to clean a gun, the first step is to load another gun - Elmer Keith
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Single mom's don't want their kids to have Red Ryder's.
Michael
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

When Ohio allowed straight walled cartridges a few years back the gun stores around here had a good selection of levers on the shelves. Now I see a lot of single shots and .450 bushmaster bolt guns.