Steve's Gunz folding buckhorn ladder sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
scottz

Steve's Gunz folding buckhorn ladder sight

Post by scottz »

Is anyone here using that sight? I like the concept, but from the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any graduations marked for distance and I can't see any type of locking method for preventing it from moving when raised.

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk HD
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Steve's Gunz folding buckhorn ladder sight

Post by Rooster59 »

Depending on the manufacturer they use either a tiny detent system or some friction creating leaf springs in the slider. I have one with the leaf springs in it. Mine hasn't moved unless I slide it.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
scottz

Post by scottz »

That's good to know. Are you pretty satisfied with the sight?

Sent from my Slider SL101 using Tapatalk HD
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

I am satisfied with it. Make no mistake, it is not a receiver peep or tang sight. Depending on your shooting skill and eyesight strength it will work for longer distances.

There are those who can use it accurately out to 400 yards for "dingers" but for the most part a tang sight will make it easier for accurate shots beyond 200 yards. You'll see what I mean if you do a search on youtube on WhitSpurzon's channel. A guy named Rowdy uses a ladder sight at 400yds with great results. At that distance his metal target is about 36"x36".

Examples like Lonesome Dove's scene where Duvall's character hits one of Blue Duck's men with one are possible if you are up to it and practice a lot.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver