92 Carbine Barrel Band Sight

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
OnTarget
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 Carbine Barrel Band Sight

Post by OnTarget »

Ok sorry about that double pic, first time posting pics. Sorry about quality, did the best I could with a cell phone camera.
Gabby

Re: 92 Carbine Barrel Band Sight

Post by Gabby »

I have a Interarms r-92 with the same front sight made into the barrel band. I have been told by Rossi that my gun was made in 1984. I had a problem with my front sight and band kicking my barrel away from center. I believe that the band somehow got squashed causing the problem. Stevez guns will make you a new one for around $80.00 or less. I forget the price but he is a Rossi Wizzard and his prices are very good. I wanted hiviz fiber optic sights for mine so here's my remmedy. I ordered a new style barrel band and screw from Rossi. It fits fine. Then I had a gunsmith order a ramped front sight base and drill and tap it for me. Now I can put my fiber optic sights in. I also purchased a barrel mount peep sight from Skinner sights. The dovetail on the Interarms clone was different from the newer Rossi. No problems I called Andy Larrson owner of Skinner sights and he said send his sight back along with the factory rear sight and he would custom make me a new one at no extra charge only shipping and handling. When I get it done I will post Pics. Unfortunately the gunsmith has had the gun well over a month now.