Not so new topic.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Gabby

Not so new topic.

Post by Gabby »

I traded a Marlin 336 last year for a pe-safety Interarms R-92 in 44 mag. I had some problems with the front sight. Mine had the front sight built into the barrel band. The band must be out of round or something and would group hard left at any range. I ordered a new model Rossi barrel band with no sight attached. Instead of having a dovetail machined into the barrel I opted to have a front ramp with fiber optic bead drilled and tapped into place. I sent my gun to a gunsmith for the work and have not recieved it back yet. I also ordered a barrel mount peep sight from Skinner sights. The dovetail was wrong for the Interarms version and after talking directly with Andy Larrson owner of skinner sights he said If I send him My orginal rear sight he will custom build me one at no charge other than shipping and handling. You can't beat that kind of customer service and the sights are great. Hoefully in the near future I will beable to post pics of a finished gun. I have owned many rifles but this is becoming my favorite and plan on getting a 45lc version in March.
Clinebo

Re: Not so new topic.

Post by Clinebo »

I look forward to seeing the pics of your new sights. I went with a green fiber optic front and Ghost Ring rear sight for my '92. I have the excellent Skinner rear sight on my Marlin 1895 STBL.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not so new topic.

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is excellent Gabby, really great work on Skinner's part!
Michael