Don't look now, there's a noob in town.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
wizocodes

Don't look now, there's a noob in town.

Post by wizocodes »

I come from a strict Western Indiana family. We were not allowed to have any guns in the house. That included toy and ones made with fingers. I have always had an interest in them growing up, probably due to lack of being around them. Never got much into them until now, my step daughter wants to go hunting, I have only shot a .410 and Mauser. So I signed us up for the hunters safety class and started doing research about various firearms. Came across a post for a Rossi youth match set for her. She's not strong enough to hold the Win 370 16g., so I thought I would check out their website. Since then I have had it bookmarked and my wife says I spend too much time on it. :) I came across this forum when I was doing a search for a good hunting caliber that I could use here in Indiana. I have four kids 4-11 and figured the Match Set would be for an investment and growing with. For myself I picked out a 92 16in 44, seems to be good with the white tails here. I have loved lever guns since I was a small boy watching the black and white westerns with my grandfather. You can say when I get this rifle it will be a dream come true. I could use the shotgun to hunt with but it isn't my style, just don't see the draw in them. :) I just need to get my wife into shooting more than a bb gun, she's afraid the Ruger 10/22 I have with "punch" her. I can not wait until I actually purchase these firearms and get a place to fire them.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Don't look now, there's a noob in town.

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum and I'm glad you are taking the proper steps to introduce your family to firearms and hunting. Your choice for the need at hand are as good as they get. This is a fairly new forum and your experiences as you introduce these firearms with your family would be worth recording here!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome glad to have you.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Welcome ! Glad to have you. The more the merrier.
Considering the political climate and an impending assault on American Second Amendment rights & freedoms on both the domestic & international fronts we need to be actively encouraging a lot more Americans to get into the shooting sports and become gun owners. +guns
When you're a gun owner there is definitely safety in numbers......the greater the numbers the better for all of us.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA