what do you use trim your brass?

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: what do you use trim your brass?

Post by akuser47 »

joec wrote:
akuser47 wrote:The drill and lee case trimmersare awesome and you can have custom lengths made by them for you it is awesome.
Lee will custom size everything from dies to case trimmer for you and cheaper than many other brands sell their stuff for. I have a custom 45 Colt crimp die (rifle type) as well as bullet shapes for the seating dies.
I had recently learned this I am also amazed by their customer service, and their custom options.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
temmi

Post by temmi »

a Lyman Universal® Power Case Trimmer

Had it for years

Snake
Tazman1602

Post by Tazman1602 »

Hornady Cam Lock my kids bought me for Christmas. TOTALLY awesome but some manufacturers shell holders won't work so you do have to buy Hornady SH's.

I've used Lee hand trimmers for years but found myself in the position of brass getting expensive (338, 45-70, 450 Marlin, 444 Marlin etc) so have taken to buying once fired and stroking the cases. With the Cam Lock once it's setup and my cordless drill attached trimming a few hundred cases is a breeze.

It is kind of like a Dillon RL550B though, takes a while to get everything just right but once you do it's very repeatable and fast.

Art
Pappys Rifle Shop
Alanson, MI
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. "
---Theodore Roosevelt
janoosh

Post by janoosh »

Ok,depending on the cartridge, 50 or less,a Lee trimmer, more than that a Lyman trimmer. For 357 pistol brass, a Wilson trimmer. With either the Lyman or Wilson, I can trim the cases to the same length with ease. Just "Set it and forget it". The Lee is accurate, it's just harder to get the cases all the same length. For accuracy, I try to group cases by the same length and not just to minimum length.
MT Gianni

Post by MT Gianni »

I have a Forester trimmer with the hp adaptors. It is a great trimmer and an OK hollow pointer. I think I get a better product with a cast HP. I use Lee's a lot as set up for me is quicker. I drive them with a handheld Black and Decker 3 v screwdriver. A 12 V Malita works as well it is just heavier. Most of my trimming is done sitting on a chair over a trash can while in a motel.