Yogi gun

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Yogi gun

Post by Arktikos »

Those guns are interesting but I think I'll stick with levers.. I can't imagine how much hand loading would be involved for an afternoon with one of those (to say nothing of chasing down all the brass) and as it turns out I'm just too much of a throwback to the past. :D

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

pricedo wrote:My biggest problem with an AR gun for a bear defense gun is that the action is not manually operated.
I prefer a levergun or a bolt action for defense against dangerous predators.

Note: I think Obama has his X-hairs on the AR/Bushmaster type firearms in the wake of the Newtown tragedy.
Still think this is somebody else's fight?
Stay tuned ..........before the spring 2013 leaves pop open on the trees it'll be your fight........if you want to keep that AR that is.
The old let's go to the range & have some fun & leave the unpleasant 2A fight to others ain't gonna work any more...........Obama has the mandate from Americans he has been looking for to hammer us.
The timing of the latest & arguably the most horrific mass shooting tragedy & Obamas 2nd (totally unaccountable to THE PEOPLE) couldn't be worse..........join the fight to keep em or lose em..........it's come down to THAT.
Wouldn't a semi auto be better and allow quicker follow up shots?

Hopefully the NRA can keep that from happening. I also donate to calguns foundation for California gun rights. Right now in California there is a DA writing a bill that requires a 50$ tax fee and background check for ammo purchases... :evil:
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Quinc
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Quinc »

Arktikos wrote:Those guns are interesting but I think I'll stick with levers.. I can't imagine how much hand loading would be involved for an afternoon with one of those (to say nothing of chasing down all the brass) and as it turns out I'm just too much of a throwback to the past. :D

It's not to bad on the Dillon 550. Uses the same conversion kit as the .45acp. Plus it is low pressure and pretty much like doing pistol brass. I haven't had to trim any yet either. :) But yeah brass is .77 cents a piece IF you can find it. And if you can find already loaded ammo it is 50-70$ a box of 20. :(

akuser47 wrote: Now that is sexy I have always wanted to do a piston ar mainly so I could shot alot of the cheap russian ammo without issues of having to clean it as much.
I have shot about 1000rds of Russian ammo through my 556 and have never had any problems. With the 458 socom alot of guys are shooting cast bullets and have never had any problems with dirty gas tubes or anything either.
"Everyone has a plan tell they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Quinc wrote:
pricedo wrote:My biggest problem with an AR gun for a bear defense gun is that the action is not manually operated.
I prefer a levergun or a bolt action for defense against dangerous predators.

Note: I think Obama has his X-hairs on the AR/Bushmaster type firearms in the wake of the Newtown tragedy.
Stay tuned ..........before the spring 2013 leaves pop open on the trees it'll be your fight........if you want to keep that AR that is.
The old let's go to the range & have some fun & leave the unpleasant 2A fight to others ain't gonna work any more...........Obama has the mandate from Americans he has been looking for to hammer us.
The timing of the latest & arguably the most horrific mass shooting tragedy & Obamas 2nd (totally unaccountable to THE PEOPLE) couldn't be worse..........join the fight to keep em or lose em..........it's come down to THAT.
Wouldn't a semi auto be better and allow quicker follow up shots?

Hopefully the NRA can keep that from happening. I also donate to calguns foundation for California gun rights. Right now in California there is a DA writing a bill that requires a 50$ tax fee and background check for ammo purchases... :evil:
Maybe?.......if the gun doesn't jam & you get time for a second shot.
Dangerous game hunters/defenders focus on making the first shot the ANCHOR shot.......STOPPING is #1 priority.......even if you have to finish the bear off later when IT'S ON THE GROUND.
I don't trust ARs in 1-shot deal scenarios where gun screw-ups will be noted as an addendum in your obituary..........poor pricedo .....it looks like his AR let him down when he needed it most. :(
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

pricedo wrote:
Of course you could very well be right but I will toss this out just to mull on. A US president doesn't have as much power as we tend to think. They have a multitude of things that they want to accomplish in a short time span and every one of those requires support, sometimes from their political enemies. What it boils down to is they can wage a war, appoint a Supreme, and veto a bill, all if they are lucky enough to be popular. We heard all these same gun stripping fears 4 years, again 16 and 20, 30 years ago. Still they have not managed to outlaw guns. Sure sometimes legislation passes, and then gets turned around when a new power base sets in. We, because of who we are think our issues are #1 in DC but there is so much else also slowly grinding away. Right now the news corps have this tragedy whipped up in a frenzy but the masses always have a shorter attention span than most dogs and soon they are bored and go back to sleep. I have heard that a president can sign an executive order but those are never popular and can be reversed, especial one like this where there would be zero cooperation from the gun owners. There isn't enough prison bunk space! Bottom line, this president doesn't have the stroke. He ran against a wealthy but weak candidate who said so many contradictions during the campaign that his whole strategy sounded like he got it from pollsters and not deep seated convictions. Obama has no mandate, has almost no control over Congress and I doubt he is more than a paper tiger when it comes to taking away gun rights in any large degree. Now I don't have a crystal ball but I do hope it am as right as I think I am. Time will tell.

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Arktikos wrote:
pricedo wrote:
Of course you could very well be right but I will toss this out just to mull on. A US president doesn't have as much power as we tend to think. They have a multitude of things that they want to accomplish in a short time span and every one of those requires support, sometimes from their political enemies. What it boils down to is they can wage a war, appoint a Supreme, and veto a bill, all if they are lucky enough to be popular. We heard all these same gun stripping fears 4 years, again 16 and 20, 30 years ago. Still they have not managed to outlaw guns. Sure sometimes legislation passes, and then gets turned around when a new power base sets in. We, because of who we are think our issues are #1 in DC but there is so much else also slowly grinding away. Right now the news corps have this tragedy whipped up in a frenzy but the masses always have a shorter attention span than most dogs and soon they are bored and go back to sleep. I have heard that a president can sign an executive order but those are never popular and can be reversed, especial one like this where there would be zero cooperation from the gun owners. There isn't enough prison bunk space! Bottom line, this president doesn't have the stroke. He ran against a wealthy but weak candidate who said so many contradictions during the campaign that his whole strategy sounded like he got it from pollsters and not deep seated convictions. Obama has no mandate, has almost no control over Congress and I doubt he is more than a paper tiger when it comes to taking away gun rights in any large degree. Now I don't have a crystal ball but I do hope it am as right as I think I am. Time will tell.

You're analysis is right on........if the Dems controlled the Oval Office & both Houses then we'd possibly have a problem on our hands but that isn't the case.
I don't want to see people getting complacent and the overall level of vigilance drop.
Wayne LaPierre & the NRA will pick up some new memberships and donations and the gun store racks will be cleaned off cause of the media frenzy & subsequent fear mongering.
Killeen & Columbine were all but forgotten after a month as the less intense but overall grimmer news of the soaring national debt and sour economy recaptured it's momentarily lost audience share.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

I still think that the support for the anti's to draft sweeping national anti gun legislation won't be there in DC once this story blows itself out in the news. Laws will however continue to get worse in the heavily urbanized states particularly in the north like we have already seen as well as California.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Back to yogi guns guys or start a new topic.

Posted via Tapatalk while hunting!
Michael