M92 44 Mag 24" All Blue Octagon

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

M92 44 Mag 24" All Blue Octagon

Post by ironhead7544 »

Been looking at a M92 locally. It is new with a very smooth action and nice, about 4 lb trigger pull. Very nice fitting overall.

Had a couple of pre safety M92s in 357 Mag and wish I had them back.

I am not up on the company takeovers. Not sure who made this one or when but will check the serial number ASAP. I know the older ones would not be covered by the warranty. Are there some new ones that I should avoid due to no warranty?

Also is $439.00 a good price? I like the idea of seeing it first rather than ordering one.

Thanks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: M92 44 Mag 24" All Blue Octagon

Post by Ranch Dog »

ironhead7544 wrote:Are there some new ones that I should avoid due to no warranty?
The new ones are Braztech built and might be roll stamped Taurus. They are the only rifles with a warranty or parts through Braztech. This is from Linage of the Puma 92 here in the 92 Forum...
pricedo wrote:The company now known as LSI is a derivative of the defunct Interarms company.
Amadeo Rossi made the Puma rifle under contract with LSI for several years. When Taurus became involved with Amadeo Rossi & formed the Braztech Corporation the contract to supply the Puma rifle to LSI was terminated for whatever reason.
LSI then contracted Chiappa of Italy to manufacture a model 92 clone under the same Puma moniker for them. The current LSI Puma rifle is made by Chiappa of Italy.
In the space of a couple of years we have seen the same rifle Puma 92 available from the same reseller LSI made by 2 different manufacturers (Rossi and more recently Chiappa). The Chiappa version of the Puma rifle is considerably more expensive than the Rossi version of the Puma was.
If any of the early rifles passed a visual and functional inspection, I would not hesitate to buy it. I think the price is fair based on your description even though it is as much as a new one. From the rifles I have seen on the rack, there is no difference in the dollars whether new or used. The only used rifles I have seen are in very good condition, never seen a beater on the rack.
Michael
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: M92 44 Mag 24" All Blue Octagon

Post by ironhead7544 »

Ranch Dog: I have only seen one beater on the racks. It was a 16 inch older 357 that someone had spilled something, Im guessing Coca Cola, on it and then left it. The finish was washed out over 40 % and it had some minor pitting. Bought it for $100.00. Cleaned up nice and had character. Barrel and action were like new.

Will take a closer look at the 24 incher tomorrow, if possible.