Anyone Have Steve's Adjustable Bolt-Mounted Peep?

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone Have Steve's Adjustable Bolt-Mounted Peep?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rooster59 wrote:Well good. I'm not fond of their peeps anyway! I did check out their website early this morning and their order system drop down box does show Rossi R92 w/o front ramp.
Well that is a change since earlier this year! I see their order page and the notes that it requires drilling and tapping. I assume the "ramp" statement is for the front sight? I sure would like to see them mounted on a rifle if anyone has a picture.
Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

You know what they say.....you can't trust everything you read on the internet.

I saw the ramp reference and wondered when I've ever seen a Rossi 92 with a front ramp. I'm relatively new to Rossi's but I've never seen one. Seen some with the sight in the barrel band that I think were older Rossi's but that's it.

Jeff
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

I will be going out next week to sight in my RH and try the bolt sight on my 92 in 44 mag.

Very loose on install, so I used my favorite shim stock ( coke can) and it now fits fine.

range report to come.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

twobitokie wrote:I will be going out next week to sight in my RH and try the bolt sight on my 92 in 44 mag.

Very loose on install, so I used my favorite shim stock ( coke can) and it now fits fine.

range report to come.
I think Rossi owners should be eligible for advanced credits at any gunsmithing school.
I know that my Rossi experience has taught me alot about preventative maintenance, trouble shooting & fixing guns.
The skills learned are imminently transferable to other brands of firearms.
The 5 Rossis & 2 Remlins I bought & kept (others I sold & NOT to "unsuspecting" customers) are 7 of the finest guns I own...........there's a varying amount of my own personal participation & perspiration in each one of them.
My Routine Rossi Regimen applies to all guns I buy now........even brand new "blue chip" brand guns.........I had my Pedersoli 86/71 stripped down to parts within 2 hours of taking possession of it.
Nothing wrong but I had to see for myself........a good cleaning & lubrication never hurt a gun even though no filing and polishing was required in the case of the Pedersoli........it was pristine & immaculate........that's why you pay the $big bucks$.
I could very likely buy another Rossi "kit" (that's how I look at them now - like the CVA black powder gun kits) & take on another winter project soon.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA