Greetings from Oregon

Tell us a bit about yourself!
DH651

Greetings from Oregon

Post by DH651 »

Hello all. New guy here from the pacific northwest. I had an Interarms SRC back in the early 90's and while I liked the gun it had quality issues and I sold it. I finally bought a new one 2 years ago and did the Steves Gunz tune up on it and am very happy with it. So far I use it for plinking. It makes a nice companion for my Blackhawk.

I am owner operator of a small machine shop for the last 17 years.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Greetings from Oregon

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome from Ohio :D
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome D651! I'm sure your occupational and Rossi experience will come in handy!
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

DH651 wrote:Hello all. New guy here from the pacific northwest. I had an Interarms SRC back in the early 90's and while I liked the gun it had quality issues and I sold it. I finally bought a new one 2 years ago and did the Steves Gunz tune up on it and am very happy with it. So far I use it for plinking. It makes a nice companion for my Blackhawk.

I am owner operator of a small machine shop for the last 17 years.
Welcome !!
People who are disappointed with leverguns and take them back are usually people who expect too much too soon?
That begs the question: How much should I expect?
Your first clue is: Look at the price tag on your gun.
If you plunked down $1500 - $2500 for a Turnbull, Pedersoli or a Miroku Winchester you can realistically expect to pick up the gun from the FFL at 9:00 AM and be on the range shooting problem free at 9:30 AM the same day.
If you dropped $400 on the table for a Rossi most times that ain't gonna happen...............it's gonna take some hands on and tools on before you're happily putting holes in paper, deer or hogs with your new Rossi purchase.
People on here have posted that they opened the box and pulled out a perfect firearm and lived happily ever after.........to them I say LUCKY YOU ! ............cause I've owned upwards of a dozen Rossis in my lifetime and I've NEVER been that lucky.
The least I've gotten away with doing is a complete stripping, cleaning and polishing before I ever cast a shadow at the range with a newly purchased Rossi in my hands and a smile on my face cause the gun was running right.
Maybe my standards and expectations are more than most.........I will not settle for a levergun that I need Schwarzenegger biceps to cycle or that has a fence post for a trigger or that can't keep 3 aimed bullets in the same county.
I expect em to be slick and accurate and if I can't get em that way I move em.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA