It's hot down here in Texas...

Tell us a bit about yourself!
Buck Bodine

It's hot down here in Texas...

Post by Buck Bodine »

....but you can always stay inside and prep brass. :lol:

Texan, darn near crazy from enduring a half century of this summertime heat, into shooting and reloading. I scored my wife a Rossi 92 some years back, and after some action work, it has now become our favorite to shoot.

Hello to all!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: It's hot down here in Texas...

Post by akuser47 »

Yep after a little work they can look pretty and shoot very good Glad to have you welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yep, over 100 everyday this past week. Spending most of my time cleaning out my reloading room.
Michael
Buck Bodine

Post by Buck Bodine »

Thanks for the welcome akuser47!

Same here, Ranch Dog. When the mercury creeps past 100, the reloading room is a cool retreat. Besides, my hounds come inside and take over the house anyway.

But I always find a few surprises when I clean in there.....some bullets and a pound of IMR 4895 I forgot I had.....spare batteries.....and the LR primer that got away last fall. :x

So clean is good.

BTW, thanks for hosting the forum. I believe that given time, it will be a great resource. I look forward to watching it grow.

BB
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

Welcome! I'm a new member as well. I do understand a little of what you're going through with that Texas heat. My father in law at one time had a large ranch near Catulla, Texas, so I experienced some of that hot weather your talking about. I was also stationed in Kingsville, Texas, while serving in the Navy. However, I liked Texas so much, that I moved to Corpus Christi after my time in the service. Lived down there for six years and met my wife, a native Texan. Eventually, we decided to move to Ohio, where I'm from, partly because of the Texas heat issue. The last two days in Ohio were 102 and 103 degrees!!! Go figure!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Esel wrote:Welcome! I'm a new member as well. I do understand a little of what you're going through with that Texas heat. My father in law at one time had a large ranch near Catulla, Texas, so I experienced some of that hot weather your talking about. I was also stationed in Kingsville, Texas, while serving in the Navy. However, I liked Texas so much, that I moved to Corpus Christi after my time in the service. Lived down there for six years and met my wife, a native Texan. Eventually, we decided to move to Ohio, where I'm from, partly because of the Texas heat issue. The last two days in Ohio were 102 and 103 degrees!!! Go figure!
I've been in all those places within the last week! Just spent two days in St. Louis and both where 107°. If you and your wife return for a visit, please let me know! Both my wife and I grew up in Corpus Christi.

In the mid 80's through mid 90's, I had a 5K acre deer lease SE of Cotulla along the Nueces River. That country is about as good as it gets for BC type deer in Texas. Of course, need a lot of $$$$$ for deer leases. It taught me that I might as well buy my own ranch as I was making the payments on someone else's place :o
Michael
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

It's been awhile since my wife and I have been to Texas, Ranch Dog. And we do miss it. Unfortunately, much of her family has passed away. But, we have been thinking of maybe spending a month there in the winter sometime, as we're both recently retired. By the way, my wife graduated from W.B. Ray in the early 70's. Farah Fawcett was a year or two ahead of her. Only hunted on the ranch near Catulla once. And I had never hunted previously to that one time. The thing I remember most was getting yelled at because I didn't take out a bob cat that walked up to the stand I was sitting in. I think I recall having it explained to me how valuable the fur was worth and that they were open game. I was the dumb Yankee after that!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My wife and I both graduated in '72, her from Ray and I from King.
Michael
Buck Bodine

Post by Buck Bodine »

Thanks for the welcome, Esel. Yeah, yelling at Yankees gives us something to do, because our fellow Texans don't bother listenin' to us anymore..... :lol:

I like Corpus. Always have a great time there.

BB
Esel
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Esel »

I don't mind being yelled at by Texans anymore. I'm to far away to hear them anyhow!

Esel