Hello from across the pond

Tell us a bit about yourself!
BobSki

Hello from across the pond

Post by BobSki »

Hello all,
My name is Robert (Bob) Skidmore and I am an Englishman, living in Northamptonshire (Central England). I'm 55yrs old and retired from the Police service. I have had an interest in shooting since I was 12yrs old. Most of my shooting has been air rifles in target competitions but I also shoot 12 guage shotguns (clay pigeon) and small bore (.22LR) rifles.

I have always had a glint in my eye for the larger bore rifles and I have now purchased a reloading kit for .357mag, .38spl and .44spl cartridges. I have ordered my first rifle and I chose the .357mag Rossi 92, in Stainless Steel with the 24" Octagon barrel. I went for the 24" as my main use for the rifle will be target shooting at various distances out to 100yds or more. I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my new toy and in the mean time I am learning how to reload cartridges for it.

My other hobby is private pilot and my friend and I fly our small plane out of his 10 acre back garden. I don't do too much of that these days and shooting is once again taking the number one slot i my life.

Anyhow, before I bore you all to death, I'll sign off for now and continue reading these forums so I'll know a bit more about my rifle when I get it.

Clear sights every one
Bob
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from across the pond

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey Bob welcome to the forum! Please keep us posted on your shooting projects, always interesting hearing what others are doing in different parts of the world.

I'm a pilot as well, professionally, but owned a light aircraft most of my life until a few years ago. I mainly used it to commute to work but the ever rising price of fuel slowly took the utility out of it. When I sold it four years ago, 100LL had just hit $5/gallon and that was just too steep for me. I understand it is sitting at $6+ now. I miss it a bit, used it to travel to a lot of neat places including my annual desert mule deer hunt a bit west of me. Flying in to a hunting camp seemed like the perfect world to me!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

Welcome Bob. I also have a .357 R92, along with a .357 SA revolver. I also reload for these guns. And finally, I am also an instrument-rated pilot, but some medical and financial issues has put an end to flying for now.
If I can be of any help with your reloading though, let me know. I have a load a recipes.
Have a pint for me as I truly love a good glass of Bitter. (Ever heard of Speckled Hen from Oxford?)

Cheers,

Jeff

jeff@jbwolf.com
Jeff
Buck Bodine

Post by Buck Bodine »

Welcome, Bob!

BB