One I let get away.....

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mic214

One I let get away.....

Post by mic214 »

I got into cowboy action shooting when I first moved out to New Mexico. I started out using a Winchester Model 94 and a pair of 7-1/2" Ruger Vaqueros all in .44 magnum. After my first match, it was apparent that the Model 94 was not up to the task of being run fast (Especially with .44 special loads).

I went to the local gun shop and found a Rossi Model 92 in .44 magnum with a 24"octagon barrel. My first couple of outings with it were not spectacular, as I was getting quite a few failures to eject. I ordered Steve's video, tune up kit and safety plug. Now, I have worked on a few firearms in the past, but I have to tell you that trying to get the 92 back together was a real chore (Specifically the ejector and spring!).

Once I finally got it all back together, I was still having failure to eject issues. A quick email to Steve solved the problem. Apparently I needed to trim down the "Hook" part of the ejector. Once that was done, my 92 ran like a champ.

I used the 92 in cowboy action shooting for about a year. During that time, I had a buddy ask me several times if I wanted to sell it. I always refused, until one day he caught me in a weak moment and it got away from me. I had switched from the .44 mag/special round to the .45 Colt, so the 92 was not getting much use.

However, I have no doubt that I will eventually get another 92 down the road!

Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: One I let get away.....

Post by Maximumbob54 »

That was a good looking long octagon barrel you had!!! I'm sure there is another one out there with your name on it and now that you know their quirks the next one will be brought online in minimal time.