Tune Up question

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
4kdave

Tune Up question

Post by 4kdave »

I have been studying all the mods. for the 92 but can't seem to find one place that has all the springs I need to change as well as a steel mag. follower.

Is there such a place or do I have to pay shipping from a couple places.

Hate to pay $6.95 each place!!!!!

Thanks for any help
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Tune Up question

Post by akuser47 »

Really the only spring I would change is the ejector spring you can get it and a stainless follower from steve's guns get his cd also and it walks you through how to cut the mag tube spring. and slick it up. First I would remove rear buttstuck get some none chlorinated breakcleaner and flush the action barrel and mag tube. do not get it on the stocks. reoil and then take it shooting see how it feels.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

4kdave wrote:I have been studying all the mods. for the 92 but can't seem to find one place that has all the springs I need to change as well as a steel mag. follower.

Is there such a place or do I have to pay shipping from a couple places.

Hate to pay $6.95 each place!!!!!

Thanks for any help
I bought one kit from Steve's and then decided to go it alone with the rest of the work as I ended up not liking the spring in the Steve's Kit. It seems to me the more complete kit is the Gunslinger Kit offered through Brownell's. I just ordered one of the kits to install in R92 45 Colt based on the review of the Kit I have read on these pages.

The only place I would order the follower is through The SmithShop but I would purchase the SS Magazine Spring at the same time. You have to call or email the owner but it is worth it. Shipping is minimal.
Michael
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

AK & Michael, thank you very much for your learned advice & will follow it.

Dave