bullets shape

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
twoshotc

bullets shape

Post by twoshotc »

My Rossi in 357 cycles both .38and .357s in swc without any trouble. What experience have you had with flat nose bullets. Do you think they will cycle?
thanks
twoshotc
olereb

Re: bullets shape

Post by olereb »

I know a lot say swc bullets don't cycle but they work fine in my 92's,maybe we are just lucky ;)
xdsd

Post by xdsd »

With my Rossi the .357s are OK, it's the .38s that are picky. Round nose .38s cycle flawlessly, but RNFP tend to get stuck down in the carrier if I load up the whole magazine. I found that if I only load 4 RNFP at a time it works consistently; as soon as I put 5 or more in the tube I can expect to be digging them out with my screwdriver.
Powhatan

Post by Powhatan »

I have not used straight wad cutters but everything seems to work fine.
Chris Hunter
Rossi 92 357 24inch octagon case hardened.
Rio Grande

Post by Rio Grande »

I currently have the 158gr SWC loaded in my 357 Mag brass. If I slow cycle my 92 it has a propensity to jam the rd about 1/4 of the way in. However, if I fast cycle the lever, it loads perfectly. I do have a very tight crimp on those rds as well.
"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man" - Lucky Ned Pepper
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

twoshotc wrote:My Rossi in 357 cycles both .38and .357s in swc without any trouble. What experience have you had with flat nose bullets. Do you think they will cycle?
thanks
twoshotc
I noticed a marked decrease in ammo "fussyness" after I stripped down to basic parts, cleaned, deburred, polished and oiled my new Rossi rifles. After the tune-up they would cycle just about anything I put in em.
Some new owners install after market spring kits but the only modification one of my 92s needed was the trimming of a loading gate spring which demanded a toll in finger flesh for each loading when the rifle was NIB.
Some new owners are scared of their rifles and don't do a complete & proper stripping down & tune-up and the rifles continue to have "indigestion" problems.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
ironhead7544
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by ironhead7544 »

The truncated cone and RNFP work just fine in my lever guns. The TC types seem to feed with a little less resistance in most cases. You may find your rifle does not like certain designs but that is normal. Do a test with a small amount first before buying a bunch of bullets.