Just finished slicking up another rossi 92.

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Just finished slicking up another rossi 92.

Post by akuser47 »

I got it all back together trigger pull is at 3.5 # and the action is slick as ice. I love the steve video best money I ever spent. This is my second one I have done and I tell you it does get easier the more you do it.
Who else here does action work on your rossi's and what do you do?
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Just finished slicking up another rossi 92.

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I got it all back together trigger pull is at 3.5 # and the action is slick as ice. I love the steve video best money I ever spent. This is my second one I have done and I tell you it does get easier the more you do it.
The Steve's Gunz DVD is the best.
The quality of instruction & hands on demonstration is A+.
Steve talks to his audience like a 6 year old (a good thing).
I like instructional language to be Sesame Street Simple and free of jargon or those hateful 3 letter abbreviations when I'm learning a new skill.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Finding the "pick of the litter"

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I got it all back together trigger pull is at 3.5 # and the action is slick as ice. I love the steve video best money I ever spent. This is my second one I have done and I tell you it does get easier the more you do it.
I do a lot of proactive stuff in the gun store before the plastic or greenbacks hit the counter.
A defect caught and left on the rack is a lot less hassle and cheaper than fixing and replacing.
The quality standard deviation for Rossis is big.
One Rossi gun can be fantastic and the one right beside it on the rack a piece of junk from the same model and manufacturing run.
Quite honestly the Rossis are just as bad as the Remlins that drove a lot of us to the Rossi brand in the first place except that for Rossi poor or rather nonexistent quality control is par for the course where it is a relative nuance to Marlin owners who took "JM" quality for granted for decades.
I suggest that rather than adopting an exclusive attitude we apply the same proactive due diligence to all our economy gun purchases.......no internet or phone "sight unseen" purchases and check em over really good in the shop before you lay your money down.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree I don't like it when I hear about someone that purchased a N.I.B. gun and then start flameing the seller for a Q.C. issue that the manufacturer has. and like you said what do you expect from a gun no one has checked he sold it out of a pile in his stock online. On the other hand though I have bought online guns like ak's, ar15 rifles and the like from reputable dealers with a good rep.. As I am learning with these rossi's better to hold and check then to click the mouse and buy any lever gun.
Last edited by akuser47 on 29 May 2012 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:I agree I don't like it when I hear about someone that purchased a N.I.B. gun and then start flameing the seller for a Q.C. issue that the manufacturer has. and like you said what do you expect from a gun no one has checked he sold it out of a pile in his stock online. On the other hand though I have bought online guns like * ak's, ar15 rifles and the like from reputable dealers with a good rep.. As I am learning with these rossi's better to hold and check then to click the mouse and buy any lever gun.
Applied the "pick of the litter" paradigm to buying a stainless steel 1895GS "Guide Gun" recently.
The only thing standard with "0" standard deviation in Remlins these days is the lousy checkering which looks like it was done by a drunken blacksmith with an old fashion mincing hammer.
I checked over 6 guns before I picked the one I took home.
I found out that I really like the Guide Guns.
Too bad I didn't move on a couple of GGs before Remington threw Marlin into the crapper. :cry:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA