glass bedding

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

glass bedding

Post by twobitokie »

all righty then, put the new stock on the new rossi and have gaps and the stock wiggles a little. No way that the stock is going by by. I will use the JB weld unless I get negitive feedback for others who have tried it. I have the jb weld from a different purhase and it has never had the tubes opened. the gaps are at the back and along both tangs. I said I was not a stock maker!!!! I also have the Johnsons wax in the round flat tub, tin, can what ever you want to call it.

also, before I order from brownells, is there and colorizer available to at least make the jb stain brownish.\????
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: glass bedding

Post by akuser47 »

I would not use jb weld unless you have a good release agent so that when you are fitting it it does not adhere to the metal perm. I have used it before but it can cause problems. I would spend some money and get some glass bedding or something like it.
Last edited by akuser47 on 20 May 2012 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I'd be leery of using the JB Weld too. That stuff dearly loves to stick to metal.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by twobitokie »

I went ahead and ordered accuglas from brownells, will update.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

follow the directions with the accuglass you will be good to go great product. remember a liitle at a time you can always add more to get the fit you want but it can be tuff to have to sand the heck out of it to get to much back off. Been there done that. I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!