92 carrier

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 92 carrier

Post by akuser47 »

I am interested in your results. Watch your heat as to not retemper your parts. You do not want to make them weak. If you are a welder then you know this please keep us posted. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
ftangell

Post by ftangell »

will do. don't know when i'll have time to get around to doing it right now, but when i do i'll post.
ftangell

Post by ftangell »

it took a while but i finally got around to putting some metal on the lever. works great now, slick and feeds real good. click on file numbers below for images. i used a harbor freight 90 amp flux wire welder, as cheap as they come. i'm not a welder, in fact this is the first time i had a use for it. i just practiced a little with it and added metal in desired area, then dremeled it in to shape. i used the low setting on the welder and 3 on the speed of wire feed. it's much better not to get to where you have to do something like this but atleast it was a good solution to my problem. ft
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silvertip

Post by silvertip »

Been watching this thread since you first posted. Thank you for the follow up so we know how you fixed the problem. I too got my copy of Steve's DVD, but after reading many of the posts about break-in before removing metal, I did virtually no filing or grinding. I did take a hard Arkansas stone from my knife sharpening kit and smoothed some surfaces where they slid past other surfaces. Then again, as I have previously stated, I was fortunate that I got a R92 that worked well right out of the box.
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

I'm glad you managed to salvage it... +1
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
ftangell

Post by ftangell »

my 92 worked pretty good out of box also but i wanted to get the rifle real smooth. i did a few pistols so i had some experience with slicking things up. i should have gone slower though. now it works sweet. there is a company called agi (american gun institute), that have very good videos on different guns. i got the one on winchester 92 but they actually use a cut out ross92, which tells you they're pretty much alike. anyway if you want to know all bout how it works and disassembly and assembly it's worth it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

ftangell wrote:there is a company called agi (american gun institute), that have very good videos on different guns. i got the one on winchester 92 but they actually use a cut out ross92, which tells you they're pretty much alike. anyway if you want to know all bout how it works and disassembly and assembly it's worth it.
Nice work! Were you able to purchase just the 92 video from AGI?
Michael
ftangell

Post by ftangell »

yes, i bought just the 92 video. they also have many other individual videos with in depth explanations on the operation of individual firearms, rifles and pistols. but i got quit a bit of experience from just going thru what i did. got ok at taking 92 apart and putting it together.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Good work and thank you for keeping us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Looks like you "grew" a bit of metal.........congrats.......I'll make a mental note of your solution for future reference but the primary lesson to be learned from your experience is that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Be a METAL MISER when breaking-in or repairing/modifying your gun.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA