right cartridge guide fixed

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
mcnurlenj

right cartridge guide fixed

Post by mcnurlenj »

I checked the gap and figured a shim of about .003 to .005 would be great. I'm in a small town and had no shim stock available. soooo, I looked around the house to see what I could find. 22lr brass was to thick about .01, I finished my beer and thought what the heck. A shim from a beer can was .003. And so far it seems to work fine. Just thought I'd put this out there. If its a bad idea let me know and have the moderator wipe this out. Otherwise its an idea for others.
Johnz

Re: right cartridge guide fixed

Post by Johnz »

What was wrong with the right guide that you had to shim it?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

In that the shim is not against moving parts it would not matter which metal it is made from.

Cartridge guides typically are shimmed John to cure a problem with the cartridges jumping right straight up out of the rifle as the next round is "levered" up on the carrier. As the carrier hits the top of its travel, it slings the round resting on it right out of the rifle.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Hey if it works I don't see anything wrong with using your favorite beverage can..... :lol: Pics of what you did would be great!!
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson