m 92 forearm tip screw

Share your experience in caring for your favorite Rossi with other members or ask the question that you cannot find the answer to!
powhs

m 92 forearm tip screw

Post by powhs »

I screwed up about half the threads on the screw that goes through the forearm band. It still works but I need to replace it. (454)
Any one know if these can be replaced with out sending the rifle back to the factory?
NRA-Life Member
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: m 92 forearm tip screw

Post by Ranch Dog »

powhs wrote:I screwed up about half the threads on the screw that goes through the forearm band. It still works but I need to replace it. (454)
Any one know if these can be replaced with out sending the rifle back to the factory?
Call them and see. I bought a few spares last year but then their restricted parts grew tight. The big dog said that he is going to fix it. Let's find out through your call.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
I wuld head down to a good hardware and get a reasonable bolt and happily shoot along.
Also might try Steve's Guns . com. He seems to have some odds and ends sitting about.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
powhs

Post by powhs »

I just got off the phone with Rossi customer service and they said I could order any part that came on the rifle from the factory. They will not sell a part without you giving them the serial number of the gun. I am not at home right now so I will have to call later with my ser# to make the order. I was hoping they would sell internal parts like a ejector or what ever if needed. Good news
NRA-Life Member
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

powhs wrote:I just got off the phone with Rossi customer service and they said I could order any part that came on the rifle from the factory. They will not sell a part without you giving them the serial number of the gun. I am not at home right now so I will have to call later with my ser# to make the order. I was hoping they would sell internal parts like a ejector or what ever if needed. Good news
Wow! It sounds as though Mr. Kressner kept his word! A month ago, they wouldn't sell me a thing!
+guns
Michael
silvertip

Post by silvertip »

This is very good news. I received my DVD, spring, mag follower, and safety plug from Steve's Gunz and plan on tearing down my 92 this weekend. I don't have much concern that I cannot get the disassembly/reassembly completed. My biggest fear is what if I loose a screw, pin, etc. Now it appears that we have a ready source.
4kdave

Post by 4kdave »

I was refinishing the wood on my new R92 and the forearm tip screw split the head when I reassembled the gun.
Called Customer Service and a very nice lady said "no problem we will send you 2 at n/c". Can't beat that for service especially after I said I would pay for them.

CAN"T BEAT ROSSI CUSTOMER SERVICE
Dave
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report! It sounds like things are improving as promised and improving rapidly!
Michael