Why No 92's here in Arequipa Peru ???

The Rossi Model R92, a lightweight carbine for Cowboy Action, hunting, or plinking! Includes Rossi manufactured Interarms, Navy Arms, and Puma trade names.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Why No 92's here in Arequipa Peru ???

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
I have been asking this questions for 3 years now and finally got a beleivable answer.
Last week I was in one of the two "toy" shops once more asking why they can not get a Rossi 92 caliber 45 Colt down here... "Do I have to go 22 hours north to Lima or what ?"
Well the owner told me the situation is this. The Rossi importer in Lima told the store owner here in Arequipa that in order to get One rifle he has to actually buy a whole case. Not sure how many are in that case. But here in Peru there seems to be little demand for any lever action rifles. As it turns out there is only one person in the whole country wanting a 45 Colt. So it is not economicly sensible to import a whole case just for a possible sale of one or maybe two carbines and have to sit on the rest of the case for 20 years. UGH !!!
That sure was not I wanted to hear ! :( Oh well... At least there are still 44 WCF Winchesters still turning up off and on.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Why No 92's here in Arequipa Peru ???

Post by pricedo »

I understand that according to Peruvian law it would cost an arm & a leg to import one from the USA.
Looks like a private deal is your only hope.
The good ole law of supply & demand.........sometimes it works for you and sometimes it works against you.
Can't see the store owner importing a whole case of 92s unless he has committed sales backed by security deposits from a number of buyers.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

The 22 hour trip may be your only option... If you had another reason to make the trip you could get two birds with one stone.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:The 22 hour trip may be your only option... If you had another reason to make the trip you could get two birds with one stone.

He should look into the legalities of crossing several international borders with a firearm/ammo before saddling up the donkey & heading off into the sunset on a mission or instead of getting two birds he might become a bird (a jail bird). Even the good ole USA has strict laws requiring Department of State permits to legally permanently export a firearm even for US citizens since 9/11.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA